Friday, October 21, 2016

Trusting God




Our House/Moving Timeline


December 2014- GT takes a new job in Shreveport

January 2015-June 2015 We try to sell our home while GT commutes back and forth each day. I keep house spotless while take care of 2 kids and pregnant. (and ya'll we survived)

July 2015- God provides renters at exactly the right time and we move to a rental house in Shreveport.

July-December 2015- We make plans to build a house.

January 2016- God closes the door. We were upset, hurt and confused.

March 2016- We buy a home that we love and are so glad God closed the door on building.

October 9, 2016-House in Longview renters move out with no notice. Leave lots of stuff behind and some damage. We are angry, confused, worried and lots of tears.

October 12- List house in Longview for sale and rent. I had very little faith the house would sell and just knew we would have to rent it again. We needed something quick as we did not have the finances to pay 2 mortgages.

October 19- We have a contract on the Longview house to close on November 18...for exactly what we need to break even!


My sin became really evident when we were studying the woman at the well in BSF. Short recap if you dont know the story- Jesus met a Samaritan woman at the well and asked for a drink of water. The woman was taken aback that Jesus (male/Jew/rabbi) would speak to her. He offered her living water. Her reply-- The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.” He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.” “I have no husband,” she replied. John 4: 15-17

She was interested in this physical water that would make her life easier. But Jesus knew her problems were deeper than coming to the well everyday. So He confronts her sin by asking where her husband is. She admits she has no husband but has been married 5 times and the man she was living with was not her husband. By the end of the conversation, she completely forgot about the physical water, leaving her jug and telling everyone in her town about Jesus.

I saw myself in the Samaritan woman. I wanted Jesus to fix the physical/immediate need. I wanted Him to send renters/give us money/sell the house. Whatever it took to take away the unknown of the future. He loves me too much to leave it there. He confronted my sin of unbelief in Him. I am not sure why I fall back into the same patterns. He has provided for us EVERYTIME. I could write a book on the times/situations God has worked things out. 

After repenting and turning my full trust over to God, I had this crazy peace. I didn't feel like I needed to run out and get a job, or line up some way to pay next months mortgage. I just knew that it would be ok. It was so surreal that the day before I couldn't stop thinking about our situation. I couldn't stop worrying about all the "what-ifs". Then it all vanished. Instead I had this confidence and peace that I could just wait and seek Him. 

And thats what we did. And of course in His timing He has worked it out ABOVE and BEYOND our expectations. So I leave my jar at the well and I run and tell everyone on social media and if you know me in real life I probably told you too. 

God really is in control. NOTHING surprises Him. In fact, this whole time He was working behind the scenes for our good. When we didnt think we could see Him, He was working. We could have saved ourselves alot of worry and distress by just trusting in Him from the beginning instead of trying to "fix" it.




 



No comments: