Thursday, September 9, 2010

Facilitating

I got this phone call a few weeks ago. It was a woman asking me to facilitate a Bible study at our church. My first thought was I have so much going. My second thought was, I am sure they tried everyone else and  I was the only one available. I said yes, because I am one of those people that have a hard time saying no to things like that.

So here I am. First day of Bible study and 2/3 of the class are older women. Like great-grandmothers older women. Dont get me wrong, they are some of the most sweetest, loving, funny ladies. But I left, thinking, God, what are you doing?

1. I go to this huge church and you picked me to teach this? Surely you have someone more qualified? I mean, some weeks I dont even read my Bible!

2. Why in the world am I teaching a Bible Study about "idols"? I surely dont have any of those.

3. Why am I teaching these older women? I know they have much more wisdom then I do. I am sure they are thinking, what in the world is this 25 year old doing trying to teach me something about the Bible, I am sure doesnt even read her bible every week!

God replied, I chose YOU. You do have idols and I want all of you. I want you to spend time with me everyday. You have just as much to bring to these older woman as they have to give to you.

I am so humbled. And grateful. What an amazing study we had today. I definitely have learned more from them.

1 comment:

lindsey said...

I'm so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone! That's hard to do! Believing God will bless you immensely because of your heart to serve!

And, yes, it is SO hard to find the time to blog!! I feel ya, girl! Hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend!!