Monday, August 24, 2009

Finding formula in Longview!

I probably shouldn't have written in the last post that Audrie was sleeping at night time...for the last few nights Audrie has been so fussy and not wanting to sleep! Last night I really am not sure if either of us slept at all. And who knows why. I was reading one of the baby books I have which said infants eat between 2-4 ounces of formula. And they will only eat until they are satisfied. We were only giving Audrie 2 oz of formula...so I was thinking, well I will try it out. That little girl drank the whole 4 ounces! Then I started feeling bad and wondering if she has been hungry all this time! SO now, I give her 4 ounce bottles, sometimes she only drinks 3 1/2 but I dont want her to be hungry! 

Speaking of formula...we were starting to run low since we upped the ounces to 4! So we went to Wal-Mart yesterday and found out they do not carry the formula we get in liquid form (our pediatrician wants us to keep her on the liquid kind until she is 2 months). So GT went to Target because that is where we were getting it--and they were out! So this morning I had the task of finding some. So I went to a different Wal-Mart, same situation. They carry the powder not the liquid (we use nestle good start). So then someone told me on facebook to try Walgreens and HALLELUJAH they had it! WHO KNEW? Walgreens! So I bought the 3 cases they had! Then someone else informed me on fb that we have a Toys R US in Longview and they carry formula. So tomorrow I am going to go check just so we will know. Anyway, I was starting to get worried, I didnt know what we were going to do!

I still am a little bummed I am not breast feeding. I know it was just not an options for us with Audrie not latching on and me having such a low milk supply. I just really wanted to do it. And reading all these baby books, all they talk about is how breast feeding is so much better for babies. I am like, I FREAKIN know! I WANT TO! Then they started running this commercial about breast feeding! I was like really...really... I know it doesn't make me a bad mom and all that...it just makes me a little sad. Hopefully with our next children we wont have all of these things working against it and I will be able to breast feed successfully. I will def. be more sensitive to people who bottle feed even if it is by choice. Prior to having Audrie, I didnt understand but now I do. It seems that way with alot of thoughts and beliefs I had prior to having her. 

Tomorrow I will take some pictures of the sweet little girl and post them. She is changing so fast already. I was just looking at some pictures of her from last weekend and she has already grown so much since then!!!! Make it stoppppppp!!!!! Last night GT said he is ready for her to start talking! HAHA! I am like NNNOOOOO...I just want her to start smiling and laughing. (for other reasons than just gas!)  


4 comments:

sweetiepie said...

My daughter was unable to breast feed because she had problems with the baby latching on. It had something to do with her nipples. Anyway she still was able to feed the baby breast milk. She rented a breast pump and pumped several times a day. If she wasn't getting enough, she would supplement with formula.

So, feeding the baby breast milk could still be an option for you.

Dean Family said...

Audrie is so cute - Congrats on a beautiful baby girl! Motherhood is all about learning...Emma is now 2 years old and I'm still learning by mistakes mostly - LOL. I feel so bad for every time that I made judgements about other parents before I was a mom...things aren't always as easy as it looked especially when you hit the terrible twos. Having a little girl is a true blessing from God. I love our mommy-daughter bonding time and I'm sure you are as well :) Miss seeing you.

Meredith Myers

Lydia & GT said...

Thanks Meredith! I had NO idea how much I didnt know until now! I miss seeing you too...GT's dad lives in Dry Prong, when we go visit I think about calling you...we should get together sometime!

Sweetie pie- I was pumping for the first two weeks and I would only pump about an ounce each time. So my milk supply was extremely low. Audrie was being pretty fussy at night and we narrowed it down to being my breast milk. I tried an herbal supplement and a prescription to make my milk supply go up. The supplement didnt work and the prescription made me exhausted so I stopped taking it. Anyway, I eventually just gave up because I only pumping an ounce and even that made Audrie have an upset tummy. Life has definitely been alot easier since I made the decision to go totally with formula, however, I wish I could have enjoyed the bonding that breast feeding allows you to have with your baby.

proudgrammie said...

hey Lydia,so glad you found formula.i miss you guys.can't wait to see you all soon i hope.take some more pics for us,we need pics,lol.she is so beautiful,i tell everyone how beautiful she is.hope you guys are doing well.Gene & I have been sick again.a bad cold i think.he went to the doctor and his blood pressure is down,that was good news for a change.just popped in to say Hi,give Audrie lots of sugar for us.Love you all,Tina