Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Long nights


Yesterday we went and met with the lactation nurse again. Audrie weighs 7 lbs 14 oz! The nurse said this is perfect because she is supposed to gain 1 oz a day! She said my milk supply is coming in slow due to the magnesium I was on after and during labor. So she started me on an herbal supplement fenugreek. Hopefully, this will help and Audrie and I will get on a better feeding schedule. She still isnt latching on, which the nurse thinks she wont until closer to her due date...So about 3 more weeks. It is very frustrating...

Last night from about 1:30 to 4:30 Audrie screamed and cried. I guess this is our first welcome into having a baby. We think she might have been constipated or had gas. I just laid there and cried why she did. It is not fun when your baby cries like that especially when there is nothing you can do for her. GT wanted to bring her to the emergency room...I had to explain to him that this is just what babies do on occasion. 

So we have been sleeping all morning, and will probably got back to sleep after this feeding. I dont know how working moms do it. I could not imagine going to work after the night we had. 

Here are some cute pics of the little girl...




No comments: