Thursday, February 9, 2017

17 weeks and Gender Reveal!


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 17 weeks (I was 16w5d in the picture)

Size of baby: 8 oz at the ultrasound...my app says size of a white onion

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  Gained 1 lb according to my doc. Gained none according to my scale...im going with mine! 

Maternity Clothes: Shirts yes. Some pants

Gender: BOY! Powell Allen Nehls (Powell is the last name of my great grandparents, my dad's middle name as well as Luke's and Hudson's!)

Movement: A few times!

Sleep: Been pretty good!

What I miss: Nothing really. Maybe not having heart burn.  

Cravings: Mexican! Especially pink house dressing. 

Symptoms:

I still get nauseous here and there. Mostly at night when I lay down. And heartburn. 😒

Best Moment this week

Honestly these past few weeks have really sucked. Highlights have been people bringing meals and loving on us. Gods grace, comfort and peace. 

Seeing baby and finding out he is a he! 

NOT So Best Moment this week:

Since I blogged last of course losing dad. Then our renter in the Longview house moved out. Then we got some bad news about finances. But God. 😊 We know He is working for our God and will work things out. 


Here are some pictures from our anatomy scan:



For documentation sake- so we went to the ultrasound that baby was not being cooperative! He is VERY low and was breech at the time. He wouldn't move his legs for anything! After probably 30 minutes of trying, I went to see the doctor/drank a coke and went back to the ultrasound. Probably after 20 minutes, she finally found it. (I did not look!)... Mom looked but didnt know what she was looking at, lol!  The sonogram tech texted my friend making the cupcakes and I had to ask the receptionist to delete the text so I wouldnt look! It was all exciting! 

My mom, brothers and their families came over (Leighton made yummy gumbo), and we let the kids reveal the gender by biting in to the cupcake with blue or pink in the middle. You can watch it here. And of course it was BLUE!

Yall I was SURE it was a girl. Because of my pregnancy symptoms. The only thing that made doubt it was the heart rate was lower than it was with my girls. I CANT BELIEVE IM HAVING ANOTHER BOY! Excited and terrified would be the words to describe my feelings! HA! Thankful God makes those decisions and not man! 



No comments: