Monday, May 1, 2017

29 weeks!!! :)

(I thought this bump picture was appropriate. This is my life. Love these kiddos)

29 weeks!!! 
(Its been 9 weeks since I've updated :0 this pregnancy is flying by!)

Pregnancy Highlights: 

Size of baby: head of Cauliflower (around 2.5 pounds). We get to see him Wednesday at a sonogram! And I will know more how big he is! 

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  ugh. Thats all I have to say about that. lol.

Maternity Clothes: Yes. and I love them. Im still wearing some of my normal shorts!

Gender: BOY! Powell Allen Nehls

Movement: Yes! I feel hiccups usually twice a day! Plus the usual kicks and punches

Sleep: Pretty good! 

What I miss: Nothing really at this point. It is getting harder to do things like walk around, lol. But I know it wont last forever.

Cravings: Oh man. I love food. And I love it even more when I am pregnant. I was craving a Panera Bread Fiji Apple Salad. I had one last night and now I want another one! 

Symptoms:

Heartburn. Which has actually gotten better since my last update. 
Lots of leg cramps. Especially at night.
Lots of peeing. Again mostly at night.
My face/arms and hair are SOOOOOOOO dry. 

Best Moment this week
Short updates of the last 9 weeks! 
    • We sold our Longview house- WHOOP WHOOP
    • We finished soccer season! The big kids really enjoyed it but I am glad juggling two different teams/games/practices is over.
    • Ki is still playing baseball which he loves but he is a little distracted out on the field. ha. 
    • Making some progress on the nursery. Hope to get alot done this week and will make a separate post about that! 
    • God has been so good to us through these past few months. I see His hand everywhere loving and blessing our family.

NOT So Best Moment this week:

 I feel like the more time goes by, the more I miss dad. People say with time it gets easier, and maybe thats true but not yet. I hurts my heart so much that he doesn't get to see Leslie grow up. He loved her so much and loved watching her grow. We took a little trip to Dallas this past weekend and the whole time I kept thinking he would have enjoyed coming and playing with her. Every new word and development is so fun at this age and I hate he isn't here to share it.

Even harder to think about is that he won't be here for Powell's birth. He has been at every birth of my babies in the waiting room...praying for me, the baby, our health, the doctor and nurses... Then holding the baby for the first time he whispers Jesus into their ears with tears down his face, he sings "Jesus Loves Me" to them. I know his legacy lives on. And Powell has an amazing grammy and 2 awesome uncles that will fill in the gap but it still hurts.

I DO KNOW with joy that we will share tons of stories and pictures with Powell. He will know how special his Pappy was and even more so how much he loved the Lord and wanted that for all of his grandchildren. What a comfort it is to know that Powell will meet his Pappy one day in Heaven. I look forward to that day with hope and peace! 

No comments: