Thursday, May 11, 2017

30 weeks!!!


I usually wait until my hair is fixed,  make-up on, cute outfit, clean bathroom for a preggo selfie. Yesterday as I was picking up playing cards Leslie scattered around the bathroom floor (thank you older children for giving them to her), I glanced in the mirror. I thought "Oh my, I look rough", But then I thought, this is more real life then the belly pics I usually take. So here it is....Glasses because I had a migraine the night before, athletic clothes because I had been cleaning most of the day-including getting in the attic (ah!), sunburn from Ki's park field trip last week, messy/frizzy hair because I hadn't washed it in a few days from sick kids and a needy baby. And of course my beautiful roseaca because I havent worn make up since church on Sunday. 

So...here is my real life 30 week update!!!


30 weeks!!! 


Pregnancy Highlights: 

Size of baby: he was 3lbs 10oz at my 29 weeks appt

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I think about 15-20. Closer to the 15 side, lol

Maternity Clothes: Yes

Gender: BOY! Powell Allen Nehls

Movement: He is definitely growing and moving!

Sleep: I got my sleep schedule off a few nights ago so that was rough but I am back on schedule. 

What I miss: Not being so hormonal

Cravings: Smelling cleaning supplies and eating ice.

Symptoms:

Heartburn. Being really emotional. Being tired alot (not sleepy, physical)

Best Moments this week

    • Went on two field trips- Sciport with AK and park with Ki
    • Leslie is getting to be miss sassy pants. Saying "No" and throwing fits. But she is also saying and doing some super cute things! My favorite is she says "thereyago"
    • I FINALLY got Leslies "new" crib finished. Hope to move it tonight and post some pictures soon. Now we can move her current crib to the boys room and I can start putting it together!
    • I guess since my last pregnancy update we had another sonogram of Powell! Its always fun to see a baby in your tummy! 

NOT So Best Moment this week:

Everything is slowly winding down, school only has a week left, only a few baseball games left...I am excited to have a slower pace. Sleeping in. Enjoying watching the big kids play with Leslie. But with that comes a good bit of fear and anxiousness. How am I going to juggle it all? How is another child going to fit into this family? Somedays/minutes I already feel spread so thin...how can I possibly care for another human, especially a baby one at that! I guess the closer it gets these fears and doubts creep in. I have to stop and pray and remember that the Giver of Life is who gives me life. I can't handle 4 kids. Gosh, I can't handle 3 or 2 or just 1 sometimes. BUT He can. He is always with me. His grace covers and abounds. 

No comments: