Saturday, January 8, 2011

Oh, the joys of pregnancy. It is 3:30 am here. I just ate 2 twinkies and couldnt taste either of them...but kept eating them anyway.

I thought it was time for a preggo post. I typed out some stuff the other day, but now its all irrelevant.

We had a doc appt this week. We just talked about my lab work/sono...everything came back negative which is great. I was scared I would be anemic again and have to take iron pills...I HATE iron pills. Not that I really took the with Audrie, but I was supposed to.

I thought I would share some differences in my 2nd pregnancy vs. my first. Some of these might be gross to others out there so just dont read it.

Ligament pain. You know when your pregnant and you get those stretching pains. Well I have them all the time. Like when I sneeze, and when I get up too fast..when I am just sitting still. I had them the first time they are just way more frequent.

I pee on myself alot. When I sneeze, cough hard, laugh hard, you name it. Its just a little bit, but still so annoying.

I feel Ki move really low. Really low. The doc said this is because after your first everything kinda sinks down. Wonderful doc. Tell me something I dont know!

I wasnt near as nauseous with Ki, but I am not sure if its because it is my second time around or because he is a boy.

I have only gained 5 pounds so far, this was not the case with Audrie. Not sure how much I had gained at this point, but im sure it wasnt pretty.

I still love feeling the baby kicks. I thought this time wouldnt be as exciting, but it is. I lay in bed at night with my hand on my belly feeling him move. I am pretty sure he had the hiccups yesterday because the movements were rhythmic and in the same spot.

I have been sick twice. I dont get sick too often on a normal basis, but this time twice. With Audrie I got a sinus infection in the very beginning but it wasn too bad and then a stomach virus. This time two really bad sinus infections/cold.

Thats all I can really think of at this point. I feel like I look similar as far as how my belly is growing. It is a little lower but growing the same.

The doc said my uterus is the size of a basketball. But Ki is only about 10 oz.  He explained it like we have got to  to grow the house for the baby to grow in. That makes sense, I had never heard of it like that.

Having a boy is very exciting. I love that it is going to be somewhat new. Even though I have had a baby, this time its a boy! It is a little overwhelming at times thinking of all the new stuff we need. We will be making Audries room into a big girl room soon. With a big girl bed. And I might start introducing the big girl potty. Not so sure on that one yet. And for Ki, obviously clothes, bedding, etc...

The benedryl is kicking in now! Yay for sleep! :)

1 comment:

The Murphy's said...

I've been waking up at 3:30 in the morning too! A lot! It's exciting to read the differences that you're having with this pregnancy. I feel like I havent gotten as sick with Baby #2 as I got with Molly. But it's still early...plenty of time to get sick!