Saturday, September 24, 2011

Diet Update No.1

It hasnt quite been a week of my diet yet. But there is time for me to post right now, and since that is rare, I am going to take advantage. PLUS- I need to vent and talk. And my husband doesnt really understand, so I need my girlfriends out there! :)

The diet started out easy like last time. I ate few calories day 1 and 2. I started having trouble sleeping and getting anxiety again. I cut my adipex in half and decided I needed to eat 1200-1500 calories a day.

I just had in my mind that I wanted to do just like last time. Lose 40 lbs really fast. Then I could go back to eating whatever I want just portions. Apparently, 2 years older and another kid later, its not going to work this time. And I feel bad when I eat anything when I am on my diet. I have this all or nothing mentality. I eat, I just dont want to go over 1000 calories.

I am currently reading:


This book has really challenged me in a lot of areas of my diet and my spiritual life. She is a little more extreme than I am on my diet. But it made me step back and really think about why I want to lose weight. The real important reason is because I am unhealthy. I want to be healthy for my kids, my husband and to show God that I am taking care of this temple He has created. 

So last night, came my challenge...Audrie had requested a happy meal and we wanted to get her energy out so we took a trip to McDonalds. I did my research before I went and figured a cheeseburger/fries happy meal is about the same calories as a salad/dressing/croutons. I weighed it back and forth in my mind. I love cheeseburgers. The adipex would keep me full just eating that little bit. I am still eating less calories. Ultimately, God whispered to me, "You are more." More than the cheeseburger and fries. And I knew after I ate it, I would feel guilty and gross. 

The week is pretty easy for me. I am running around chasing Audrie, carrying Ki from here to there, etc...I dont have too much time to think about food. The weekend is so hard. I want to go out to eat. AND I want to eat bad stuff. 

Another hard part is exercise. I enjoy the exercise, but the kids make it hard. We went Monday, Ki screamed the whole time. Audrie got in and out of the stroller the whole time, making me stop every 1/4 mile. Timing is hard too. I guess it is all excuses and if I want to exercise and it was important I would make the time. I looked up if grocery shopping was considered exercise, it wasnt in the database :(  It should be! 

Next weeks goal: exercise at least 3 days a week. Continue eating the same. 

Now, here are some of my favorite diet treats:








2 comments:

askinner said...

Hey Lydia! Keep up the good work! God will be faithful and help you through this! Your little ones are precious.

Kristen T said...

I have had a couple of friends who have read that book. I hear it is good. I think I might put it on my list of books to read. Commit your ways to the Lord and you will succeed! Praying for you!