Sunday, July 26, 2009

A BIG baby!

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. Blood pressure kept going up and down, but not too high. Getting used to the diabetic diet is pretty tough. I am constantly hungry, but I lost 3 pounds since yesterday. I think it is all fluid- but hey, 3 pounds is good! My sugar is getting alot better so they think they will be able to control the diabetes with diet alone and not have to give me insulin. 

The nurses here are so great. I had a new one this morning and I told her they think Audrie is 8 pounds, she said " I heard, she is already 8 pounds 4 ounces." Well, I didnt know about the 4 ounces, but I think its funny. Like I am a crazy medical marvel because I have a 8 lb 4 oz baby at 34 weeks, well today 35. I guess all the maternity nurses know about me and Audrie. GT and I would be the ones to have an extremely large baby. I am ok with it, a little sad, because she has some really cute newborn outfits that she wont be able to fit in to. :( 

So the newest medical update. They found lukocytes in my urine this morning. It could be sign of infection. T he nurse did a catheter (just a temp. one), then she did a swab and my Group B test. She said it could be bladder infection or other type of infection. I am like, "just add it to the list". Sometimes I feel like they are just finding things, but then at the same time, I am glad to be here, if I wasnt maybe no one would have found it and infections in that area can be dangerous to the baby. Who knows. I am sure my health insurance loves it... 

I will update later when I get the results. If you cant tell, I am already extremely bored out of my mind and I still have atleast 2 weeks! AH! 

1 comment:

Kate said...

Tell me about the diabetic diet? I want to lose 3 pounds!!!

Praying for you xoxo