Friday, July 24, 2009

In the Hospital

Tuesday I went to the doctor for my bi-monthly exam. The medical assistant told me I had protein in my urine and the doctor was going to do a catheter. Doctor came in did the catheter and confirmed that I had +1 protein in my urine. I was put on bed rest and the doctor sent me to the lab to get some blood work done and sent me home with a 24 hr urine test. Basically, I had to catch my urine in a big jug for 24 hours, it was gross. Thursday morning GT brought the urine jug to the lab and we had an appt at 2:00. We got to the appt and the medical assistant checked my blood pressure- it was high :(  even after being on bed rest for 2 1/2 days! So then an hour later, the doctor came in told us to go home, get our bags and go to the hospital. 

We got to the hospital about 4 pm. We were put in a temporary room and hooked up to a few monitors. My blood pressure started going down then I went for a sonogram. When I came back from the u/s my blood pressure had went up again!!!!!!!!! Just from going to get the sono. So then about 8 pm they put me in post partum room (even though I am not post-partum). We had a rough night. My mom stayed with me so GT could go home and take care of the dogs. (I cried yesterday because I had to leave them...possibly for 3 weeks!) They checked my vitals and the babies vitals every few hours. And they were cleaning the floors all night!!!!!!!!! I was pretty irritated, they put me on bed rest only to get no sleep! 

So my doctor came and saw this morning. She said the sonogram showed that Audrie is actually measuring at 38 weeks! So she is already about 8 pounds! (I am supposed to be 34 weeks, wont be 35 weeks until Sunday) We are pretty sure of our conception date- so she is just a big baby. The doctor is hoping we can hold off until I am 37 weeks (so August 9) and then we will induce labor. She said my 24 hour urine test I did at home showed my protein levels were around 600...doc said anything over 300 is a sign of pre-eclampsia. So basically, I am not going home until we have Audrie. Audrie has been doing good. Her heart rate is good. We had a BPP (biophysical something) which she scored 8/8. So right now they are worried about me since my blood pressure goes up even when I go to the bathroom. But it is good to know, if she has to come today she is already quite large, just hoping to wait to make sure all those organs are developed! 

We just moved into a room that I will be in for atleast 2 more weeks if not more. We are in room 1275 at Good Shepherd hospital in Longview. 

Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts! We appreciate them so much! We know we are exactly where we need to be and are very grateful our doctor had the wisdom to figure things out and put us here! 

2 comments:

TheFancyFritter said...

Hey Lydia! I found your blog from Facebook! I'm so glad you are doing a blog..I love blogging! I'm so sorry about all the pre-eclampsia stuff, but I'm glad to know you are in good hands! I'll be saying some prayers for you and sweet Audrie! Keep us posted! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I'm glad to hear that lil miss is doing good and is stable! I will keep all of you in my prayers. I'm so excited for you and GT. Yall are going to be great parents. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and I'll be saying some prayers for you and that BP today.