Monday, July 27, 2009

Busy Day at the Hospital

So I am not sure how it happens, but this morning has been so busy, I am just now getting to blog. How can you be busy on bedrest?????

SO last night went well. It was my first night to spend by myself, and I loved it! I really enjoyed my mom being here, but she snores and so does GT! I tried ear plugs, but they hurt my ears, so anyway, I am glad to get so much needed rest. 

Early this morning we met with the perinatologist, Dr. Payne. He did a sonogram on little Audrie. He estimates she is 7 lbs 9 oz, which is alot better than 8 lbs 4 oz! So I am guessing she will be at ab 9 lbs when born. He got a view of the top of her head but thats all he could see because her head is already really low in the birth canal. She will def. have a cone head for a few days after birth! I asked the doc about her head being so low, he said "She is on the runway!" I thought that was humorous. They are putting her sonograms on DVD, but I cant do anything until they finalize the dvd, which they wont do until all my sono's are done, but when it is I will try to post it. You cant see her face or anything since her head is so low in the canal, but I still find it interesting to look at. 

So thats the excitement of today. We had some visitors yesterday which makes time go by so much faster! And they brought coloring books and crossword puzzles which I am very grateful for! :)  I sent GT home today to clean house and I am actually enjoying being by myself for a few hours--maybe now I can get my thank you notes from my baby showers written! It is about time!

I met with the dietician an hour ago (not really my fav person although she was extremely sweet). Lydia and diets are not friends. She kept talking about my diet when I go home. I dont think I am still going to have diabetes when I go home???? Unless my doc lets me go home before Audrie is born, but I dont think she is. Either way, GT and I have already committed to eating better and exercising more- we have a baby to think of now, and we need to be healthy! but I am not calling a diet or I wont do it! :)

Thats all for now! I am going to write thank you notes and color. My bestfriend, Jessica is coming today to stay with me for awhile, I am looking forward to that---she doesnt snore!

 

No comments: