Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Debbie Downer...

Well since yesterday, I started on an antibiotic for an infection I have. The medicine makes me sick. I looked it up on the internet, it is not a class B med, and it is not FDA approved for pregnant women. They have studied it in lab rats and they got cancer. So it is not confirmed but they think the medicine when taken during pregnancy could lead to child hood cancer for the baby or cancer later in life. Wonderful. I guess ignorance really is bliss. But then when I say something to my doc, its like well we cant keep you having the infection it could hurt the baby. So what do you do? I dont feel like I have a choice. Prior to coming into the hospital I was taking NO medication, not even my prenatal pill (opps.) Now I am taking like 5 pills a day! Pre-natal pill, iron pill, antibiotic, stool softner and something else for heart burn. Although, I told my doc I wanted to continue taking tums so I could just take it when I had really bad heart burn, but no, I must be on some sort of prescription heart burn pill and take it everyday :(

So, the doc came by this morning. I asked if GT and I could do some things we learned to prepare for labor right now. She said no, because it could induce my labor. Then she said she would not begin to check my progress until we know when we want labor to start. I asked her if we were still planning on inducing at 37 weeks. She said she didnt know, that the high-risk doctors I see will help determine that. It discouraged me a little because I am a planner and I dont like to not know. And  I dont like to think that I might be here under bed rest for longer than 2 weeks. I know it will be what is best for Audrie so I will get through it. 

THEN the nurse came in and said when they tested my urine it showed a +2 of protein, so I have to do another 24 hour urine catch. Fun times. I think I am most frustrated because I am trying really hard. I am sticking to the diet (I dont really have a choice) and I am staying in bed (again really no choice)...but I am doing everything I have been ordered to do, and my blood pressure is still high, they are still finding protein in my urine and my sugar levels arent were my doctor wants them. I guess I just feel kind of helpless...I do know that this is what is best. and hopefully once it is all over and I am holding Audrie, I will forget about all of this! Especially since GT and I want 4 kids! 

Thanks for all the thought and prayers! We are so blessed. 

No comments: