Saturday, July 25, 2009

More bad news...wa..wa...

To start out with the good news, my new room is so much bigger! This end of the hall is quieter and the room seems darker. So that all means more sleep! Thank you Jesus! 

Yesterday when they tested my urine, I had high levels of glucose so my doc ordered blood sugar testing after every meal. After lunch my sugar was 165 then after dinner it was 151. They took it again first thing this morning after not eating anything..it was 118, i got really excited since it was so low, then the doc told me it was supposed to be under 80 first thing in the morning...boo...So she officially diagnosed me as having gestational diabetes. That makes a little sense to the reason why Audrie is already so BIG! Doc said Monday a "high-risk" doctor will do another sonogram on me and get a more accurate reading to see how big she is and to see if there is any fluid around her kidneys, which happens sometimes the doc says. 

I feel alot better today. I got up took a shower, washed my hair and actually put on make-up! I have a feeling though when they come test my blood pressure it will not be good...  :(  but at least I will look pretty and feel pretty :)  

I am sure there will be more updates to come. And just so you know, when they put you on a diabetic diet in the hospital, it is NO fun! Especially when your preggo and hungry all the time. BUT I am doing this for a good cause and we want to make sure Audrie is healthy! After she is born, I am eating a snickers! :)

No comments: