Monday, October 12, 2009

good things to come!


Our weekend...
  • Friday night Audrie got to go to her first football game. It was GT's sister's homecoming. She dances on the drill team! Here are some pics. 
She is so beautiful! Audrie was all bundled up in the moby most of the night. She liked it...
  • Saturday morning we met my grandma, Aunt Charlotte, Mom, Dad, Leighton, Laury and Carter at Cracker Barrell in Shreveport. It was my grandmas bday...she turned 79! I loved getting to see Carter! He is getting so big...I gave him some of my biscuit! He loved that!
  • The rest of Saturday we watched shows we DVR'd during the week, watched the Tech vs Nevada game then I was a good wife and watched LSU vs Floridia
  • Sunday we actually made it to church! It is so hard with an infant. I havent put her in the nursery yet...I want to because it is quite distracting for me...BUT we cant risk Audrie getting sick from another baby (or adult), we have a 90 day wait before health insurance with GTs new job kicks in. Then NaeNae, Poppa and Auntie Kaitlin came over for a visit! Then...the best of all...Audrie slept from 11-8:30!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoop! Whoop!
Audrie has slept in bed with me almost every night last week. Its not a habit I really want to start but when she sleeps with me she sleeps all night vs. when she sleeps in her basinet she usually wakes up at 3 or 4. I dont ever worry about rolling on top of her. I am a pretty light sleeper and now I am used to sleeping with her. She loves to bury her head in my chest--that makes me a little nervous and I check her breathing quite often- but if I move her she cries or rolls right back into my chest. I have read so many opinions on it and I still dont know what to think. One opinion is from Dr. Sears in the baby book--they are all about sleeping with children. One of their points is the children grow up so fast and sleeping together is very bonding...I agree with that to an extent. I do try to enjoy each day  and night with Audrie because I do know they grow up really fast. Its funny too how many people let their children sleep with them but then so many people give advice against it...hmmm.... Oh well...As I have previous stated me and Lynzies motto is---Whatever Works!!!!

Here are some things to come for the week:
  • Lynzie and I are going to step it up and walk 2 miles a day! (I have lost 2 lbs--finally!!!!! for the past 2 weeks I havent lost anything!!!!---so 6 more lbs to pre-preggo and about 40 more lbs to be ideal weight)
  • GT has 2 flag football games and a softball game
  • Wednesday-hair cut and shopping day in Shreveport with Lynzie (we might go to the pumpkin patch)
  • Friday----My BUDDY Allison and her hubby Danny boy are coming to mooringsport then....
  • Saturday--TECH homecoming!!!!!!!!!!! Dawg House! EL Jarritos! Good times!
  • Sunday--my buddy goes back home :(  and GT leaves for a week of training in Houston :(
I am sure there will be many pictures from this coming week! 

No comments: