Friday, October 30, 2009

Much better end of the week!

Well in the my previous post I was having a bad day, little did I know the next day was going to make it SOOOOOO much better. 

GT came home and said he had good news and bad news. So I said bad news first...he said I am going to have to drive to Shreveport and Tyler more often for training. I said ok, good news, he said there has been so promotions within the company and he is going to be service manager in LONGVIEW! YIPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!! We are so glad we get to stay here in our house, at our church, with our friends, still close to our familes, etc...  GOD IS SOOOOOO GOOD! My opinion is that it was a test to see if we would be faithful. To see if we would be willing to go wherever he sends us and all along the plan was for us to stay here! We dont really know how we are going to keep up with our mortgage but we know He will provide! I might have to go back to work but not for a few more months and hopefully it will just be part time if I do. I really really do not want to go back to work. I love love love being home with Audrie. It seems like everyday she changes and does something new. I dont want to miss out on that. I love it. I love our routine. I love being able to control what she hears, sees, etc... But like I said I know God will provide if it His will. We will just have to be patient and see. 

So here are some new things going on with Audrie:
  • She still sleeps through the night! Praise the Lord! She has been sleeping through the night for about 3 or 4 weeks now. I thought it might be a phase, but it stuck! She sleeps from about 11 pm until 9:30am! 
  • She still sleeps in the basinet next to me. I am not ready for her to be separated from me. And some mornings GT wakes her up on accident when he is getting ready so I just put her in bed with me. I did it the other morning and she wasnt even waking up! I am so bad. But I wanted her to cuddle with me.  :)
  • She is drinking 5 oz in almost every bottle! She eats every  3 hours during the day, sometimes she goes 3 1/2 hours.
  • We are trying a new formula. It is still Good Start, but it is Protect Plus. It is supposed to be extra good for their immune system.
  • She smiles alot now! I couldnt even get her to drink her bottle at 12:30 because she wouldnt stop smiling!  Now, all I have to do is smile and her and she smiles back.
  • She loves to "fly" in the air. Her favorite thing is when I lay her down on top of my legs and pretend like she is flying.
  • She is grabbing at her toys more. She really likes this one toy. It is a hot pink poodle. Adalynn likes hers alot too...must be the color.
  • Recently, I bought some veggie tales and kids hymn cds. She LOVES the veggie tales CD. It is the 25 sunday school songs. And I kinda like it too, so it works out-haha!
  • She will be 3 months in 4 days. It makes me a little sad. Like, I want her to get older and do new things, but then I want her to stay a little baby all at the same time. 
Ok, thats enough for now. I could go on and on. You moms know how it is! 

I meant to add this recipe to my last posts, but like I said, Ive been busy! 

Sweet Potato Bread

Ingredients:
3 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
3 1/2 flour (self-rising)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
2/3 cup of water
1 cup nuts (optional)
2 large cans of sweet potatoes or 4 mashed sweet potatoes 

Directions:
Combine sugar and oil. Beat well. Add eggs and beat. Combine remaining dry ingredients and add to egg mixture. Add water. Drain and stir in sweet potatoes and nuts. Pour into greased loaf pans. Bake 350 degrees for an hour. 

Usually makes about 3 loafs. You can also add raisins if desired. 

Also, here is the recipe for a yummy icing if you want to jazz it up!

1 pkg or box of powder sugar
1 tablespoon of butter
1 8oz pkg of cream cheese

Stir together. Add a little water if too dry. It can sit out for a few hours, but needs to be refrigerated. 

No comments: