Friday, October 23, 2009

Tator Tots and Pneumonia

I am soooooo glad to be back home and to have my family back together! GT went to Houston on Sunday, I stayed with my parents in Mooringsport until Monday, then I came back to Longview to clean the house...I didnt sleep the two nights I spent the night here. I am such a weenie and I get scared easily. So Wednesday we headed back to Mooringsport. My mom called when I was 10 minutes from the house saying the doc just called her and she had walking pneumonia. The nurse said she wasnt contagious, but didnt need to be around babies. Great. I had to go though, Audrie was screaming because she was hungry and I couldnt go back to LV and keep on not sleeping during the night. SO, mom stayed in her room. Thursday, my dad and I spent alot of the day sitting in the living room and talking. It was so much fun. We talked about old times and about his family growing up. I love having conversations like that. (For those of you who dont know--my parents live in my grandparents old house, the house my dad lived in from 8th grade on). It was built in 1925! Anyway, so then after internet research, I concluded that mom had been on antibiotics for 2 weeks and it was ok for her to hold Audrie today. So dad found her a mask he uses to cut grass with sometimes and she wore that! It was pretty funny, she wouldnt let me take a picture :)

Now, we are at the house...I got to take a bath and read a book for 30 minutes. No baby. No dogs. It was glorious. 

I have recently started to compile recipes because I need (have) to start cooking at home every night, so I decided I would post some of my recipes, just because it is fun! 

This is one of GT's favorites

Tator Tot Casserole 

Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger or ground turkey meat
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 small bag of shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag of tator tots
Tony Chachere's (optional)

Directions:
Take your thawed meat and smash it flat across the bottom of a pan. (If your using really lean turkey meat, you might want to spray the pan with Pam first) Then, I sprinkle the Tony's on the meat. Next, spread the cream of mushroom on top. Then, sprinkle cheese on top of the COM soup. If you have a big bag, just sprinkle a good layer of cheese to where all the soup is covered. Last, spread out the tator tots in rows over the whole thing.

Bake on 350 for an hour or so, I would check on it at about 45 minutes! Then eat! (For some reason when I was little I would eat it with ketchup, but now that sounds gross)

No comments: