Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wait on the Lord

This week has flown by!!!!!!!!!!!!! This week we had Audrie's 2 month appt, softball game, flag football practice and a flag fball game, had friends over, did like 30 loads of baby laundry, cleaned out my car (half-way), cleaned the house good so a realtor could show it and kept a 9 wk old happy, fed and clean. Whew. One lesson I have learned and will tell any mommy-to-be...Being a stay-at-home mom is NOT glorious. It is HARD work. I wouldnt trade it for anything, but it is not what I thought it would be. 

GT started a job last week with Terminix. We are so grateful for this. It is not the job either of us expected for GT to get, but God blessed us and we feel that it was/is His will for sure. I began to reflect on our journey since April when GT was laid off. Here are my thoughts. For some reason, we both really felt like it was God's will GT was laid off. We were upset and scared, but somehow we had a peace about it happening. Then God opened the doors to let GT work with my dad some. My parents needed some help (my dad especially with the blood clots this summer) so that was a BIG help. Also, we got a pretty penny with his unemployment. God gave me the strength to hold out in my job. There were SOOOOOOO many times I wanted to quit. We had actually decided one day that I was going to do give my two weeks the next day. Then during the night I woke up with a heavy heart and knew it wasnt the right choice. So then, I was put in the hospital on bedrest for 12 days before having Audrie. I really needed GT during that time. If he had a job, he would not have been able to be with me like he was during that time. Also, when I came home with Audrie I was recovering from all the stress and craziness of delivery and pre-delivery. And GT was able to stay home with me and Audrie the whole first two weeks we were home. 

God had a plan the whole time. And even though it wasnt close to our plan...We are at peace.

 We have no idea what the future holds. We have no idea where GT will placed in 3 months after training. We dont know if our house will sell before then. We dont know if when it does sell if we will even break even. We dont know how we can afford a new house or how we could move back into an apartment with two dogs and a baby. We dont know how we can continue our house note. I dont know how I can leave my bestfriend who has a child 19 days younger than Audrie--she is such a big support for me. I dont know how we can leave our church we love. I dont know how I could live further from my mom when a hour already seems too far away. 

But I do know...God is SOOOOO much bigger than all of that. He knows what we need and when we need it. He is going to take care of all it better than we could ever do in our own strength. The past 8 months prove all of that. He KNOWS. And even though it is very very hard, we have to trust and be patient.

A verse that has been playing in my mind over and over the past few days is: "Wait on the Lord and be of good courage, and He will strengthen your heart." Psalm 27:14

No comments: