Sunday, November 1, 2009

Before and After

At the baby shower my mother-n-law had for us, Gt's cousin Hilary organized the games. One of the games was a questionarre to see who could guess my answers. I think it is pretty funny to see how my answers have changed and what it is really like! So I thought everyone out there would enjoy a laugh!

Pre-Baby Answers in Red / Post Baby Answers in Purple
1. What is the first thing you will do when you hear the baby up at night?
  • Look at the video monitor to see what she is doing
  • I roll over, pick her up and put her in bed next to me
2. What will be the first thing you'll do if your water breaks?
  • Cry-- because I do not want my water to break before I go into labor!
  • Actually, this was the first thing that happened. My doctor broke my water to start my labor. I didnt cry. I was like HOLY CRAP I am having a baby today! 
3. What brand of diapers do you plan to use?
  • Pampers Swaddlers, because all my friends say they are the best
  • I have used swaddlers the most. They are my favorite still.
4. What will be the first foods you plan to introduce?
  • Rice cereal
  • Rice cereal is still the plan...In like a month! AH! Not ready for it!
5. What will be the number one place you plan to use your stroller?
  • Around the neighborhood on walks
  • I use it the most when Lynzie and I go on walks. Usually it is at the trail on 4th street, but when it rains we walk at the mall
6. What will you feed your newborn? Nurse, formula. etc.
  •  nurse until she is one, introduce solids at 4-6 months, hopefully we wont ever have to use formula!
  • well, she was on formula her second day of life. i breast fed while supplementing for 2 weeks then went to all formula
7. Who have you taken the most baby advice from so far?
  • Books---GT and I attended classes on Preparing for Parenthood (Babywise) and other various books on breast feeding, natural birth, etc...
  • Now, I read alot on the internet and ask my mom, friends and sister-n-laws lots of questions
8. Do you foresee chewing GT's head off while you are in labor? ;)
  • Hopefully not, he has been the best most supportive husband through all I have made him learn and all the classes I have drug him too! I think he will know what I need and will be there for my every need during labor so hopefully I wont feel the urge to chew his head off, but it is possible. He is prepared that it might happen and not to take it personally! :)
  • I did not chew his head off in labor. When I was pushing, he was sooooo supportive and telling me things to help me. Sometimes I wanted to chew him out but I didnt. But he was trying to help me, and he did!
 9. Where do you plan for the baby to sleep when you bring her home?
  •  Basinet/Playpen in our room for the first week then off to her crib! 
  • HAHA! This is the funniest! Audrie is almost 3 months old and still sleeps in the basinet next to me! I am not ready for her to go to the nursery! 
10. Do you plan to stock your car with baby cd's after she's born?
  • Probably not, GT and I have been getting used to listening to the Christian radio stations more then we normally do
  • Last week we got some veggie tale and kids hymn cds! She loves the veggie tales! 
11. Where will you bathe your baby? 
  • Bath tub
  • Sometimes we put her in the bathtub with me and other times we put her in her bathtub that has a sling on the top of it. She likes it best in the bathtub with me. 
12. Do you plan to use a pacifier?
  • Not for the first 6 weeks if possible, want her to get good and used to breast feeding! After 6 weeks, if she likes it, then sure...
  • She really didnt take a paci in the hospital, but when we got home, I got those soothie pacifers and THANK YOU JESUS FOR PACIFIERS! We have like 10 scattered throughout the house! Cant go an hour without it!  6 weeks...haha, what was I thinking??????

No comments: