Sunday, November 29, 2009

Being Human

We have had such a good week! Audrie has been such a trooper! Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday we were out the whole day doing various things. Shopping mostly. I didnt have money to shop so I shopped for my mom and my aunt :)  It was still really fun! On Saturday, we kind of had a Thanksgiving lunch and my parents house...it was so much fun. All the grandkids were together for the first time! I didnt get many pictures :(  But the few I did get, I will post soon. 

I have been thinking alot about life and being thankful in lieu of Thanksgiving. I really have so much to be thankful for in my life. Sometimes it is hard and I get very selfish thinking about the things I dont have or about the things I used to have. But the truth is, I have more than alot of people. There are so many people who dont know where their next meal will come from. I have been blessed with a wonderful Husband, a beautiful baby girl, a cute house, 2 silly puppys, good friends, awesome parents, caring in-laws, loving brothers and sister-n-laws, exciting nieces and nephews and so much more. I was reminded how blessed we were when so many people and family members loved on Audrie this week. AND my last thought...I know this is probably going to sound really cheesy. But tonight GT and I went and saw New Moon. I have read all the Twilight books. I understand why it is so popular. Not because of vampires. Because of Edward and his love for Bella. I was sitting in the theatre thinking how cheesy some of the things Edward says was. Then I thought, no earthly man is like that. I mean they might be some of the time, but not perfect like Edward. But God is. God loves us like that and even more than that. God wants to protect his children and love them unconditionally. That is why so many people love Twilight, we fantasize about this love that does and cant exist between humans because it is perfect love. The way God loves us. And for that I am SOOOOO thankful. Because I am so human. 

No comments: