Thursday, December 3, 2009

We DO have a GIANT

Today Audrie is 4 months old!!! I cant believe it! And being 4 months old means a check-up and shots :( Her weight is 14 lbs 7 oz which is in the 72 percentile and height is 26 3/4 inches which is in the 100 percentile! When they told me, I was like, what? 100? It shocked me. At her last appt she was in the 80th, I think. Doc said she looked good and was healthy.

Here are some pics for our wonderful doctors appt. I know it is dorky, but I scrapbook!


Audrie and Daddy Looking at the Fishies


Being weighed, she didnt like the cold scale


Being measured, yes, our little Giant


I love her little facial expressions!


Daddy dont make me get the shots!


So the doc said we can officially start solids...We have tried rice cereal a few times for fun, but now we are supposed to do it twice a day for 2-3 weeks then start vegetables! THIS IS HAPPENING TO FAST! SO I asked the doc, well when do I feed it to her, before her bottle, after, in between? His response was yes, yes and yes. He said you have to do what works best for the baby. I wish that wasnt his answer. I need something concrete. He kept saying dont overthink it. Well I am pretty sure that is impossible. Because then I am like what vegetables do I do? Some people say only do green ones in the beginning then the doc said carrots, sweet potatoes and squash. But those are sweet vegetables and you want your baby to eat all of them not just if they are sweet. Then it said I can start her on juice. Why would I do that? Does she need juice for nutriotinal value? I dont understand. It is stressing me out. I know its not going to be perfect and every baby is different, blah, blah, but I feel like I everything I read about starting solids is different. If any of you mothers have advice please pass it on. At least I know I am doing rice cereal for the next 2-3 weeks...

No comments: