Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Messy Plans

Today at church, the sermon was one of those where I felt like the preacher was talking just to me. It was titled, "When Your Simple Plans Get Messy". GT and I had simple plans. He moved to Longview in September 2007 to work at Eastman. I came in March 2008. We got married July 2008. We got pregnant December 2008. Everything was going beautifully according to OUR plans. We were going to have a baby, then I was going to stay home and we would still be comfortable financially.

Then our plans got messy. GT was laid off in April. We had to put our house up for sale. I was put on bed rest in the hospital. Audrie came 4 weeks early.

Then God showed us HIS plan. GT got a job as service manager with Terminix. Our house was taken off the Market. God KNEW I needed the bedrest and could not have worked my job the last 4 weeks of the pregnancy. Audrie came into this world a beautiful, healthy baby.

The pastors 3 points where GOD is trying to get our attention, God has a better plan and God wants us to learn to trust HIM.

All three of these were BIG lessons for us during this year and continues to be the lesson He is teaching us daily. God's plan was not our plan.

There is a way that seems right to a man, 
but in the end it leads to death. --Proverbs 16:25

I continue having a hard time trusting God. Even though He proved faithful over and over again. I continue wanting to do things MY way according to MY plans. And I worry...I worry about the finances. How will our mortgage get paid? How will we live when the savings run out? Should we put our house back on the market? Are we doing the right thing? Then God says, "Lydia, trust me." He is the reason we even have a house. He is the reason we have savings. He has it under control. 

"And without faith it is impossible to please God" --Hebrews 11:6

For 2010, I pray for stronger faith. To trust completely and stop worrying. To follow God's plan and stop trying to follow mine. To give God more of my attention/time and give Him time to speak to me. 

No comments: