Thursday, December 10, 2009

Audrie and Oatmeal

I thought I would give an update to how baby food is going. We started doing it twice a day last Thursday. Naturally, we started with rice cereal. The first 2 times was a little rough. Audrie never made a bad face, however, she would push it out with her tongue instead of swallowing it! But after the first few times she eats like a pro! She opens her mouth when the spoon is brought to it. She swallows...sometimes I will say mmmm...yummy and she gets a huge smile! I love it!

So Tuesday, I was already bored with rice cereal. I knew she was getting the hang of it and I knew she wasnt allergic...so we went to oatmeal! SHE LOVES IT! GT tasted it and said it was gross. I am not one of those mama's that will taste everything I give her. No. Gross. I am making her baby food, so I hoping it will taste better than the stores, but Im still not tasting it. Anyway, she will eat all of the oatmeal sometimes...looks like she likes to eat as much as her mom and dad :) Next Tuesday, I think I will start green beans...then peas...then carrots...then squash...then sweet potatoes...

I still havent decided about giving her juice. I think I might wait until I give her a sippy cup which will be around 8 months. Who knows. Oh and today we let her taste a lemon...it was quite entertaining. I will take some pics of her eating and post it soon!

No comments: