Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 4: My Parents

This is my dad...Larry P

There is so much to say about what a wonderful man he is. He is a pastor and has been my whole life. God has used him in a unique way to go into broken churches and restore them for a new pastor. It just kinda worked out that way. So, we moved every few years growing up. Before I was born, my mom and him started 2 churches. He has also been a principal, singles minister, director of a retirement home, and im sure many more things. He is the hardest working man I have ever met. A week after he got out of the hospital for blood clots, he was cutting the grass at church! He loves to read book that continually make him a better man and closer to the Lord. This is something I have always admired about my dad. Even though he is the most wise man I know, he still continues growing and learning more. I could say alot more about my dad. I am so blessed to be given such a wonderful father on Earth, I know I am very fortunate.

This is my favorite picture of my dad and me at Disney World:

And here is my mom, Leslie:


I dont even know where to begin to describe my mom. She has been a teacher for most of my life and in the past 3 years she has been a coordinator of a elementary school. She is also a very hard worker and has always made it important to provide for us through working, no matter the sacrifice. I didnt realize this until I was older and began working a "real" job myself. She has always been a cheerleader and teammate with my dad through all of our moves, hard times and good times. She has always been my rock. I can be pretty emotional and dramatic and my mom can always bring be down to earth. She has taught me since I was a child how to be a Godly mother and wife. We did have some tough teenage years and now are bestfriends. We talk on the phone at least once a day if not 3 or 4 times. Again, there is not enough time or room to talk about how blessed I am to have such a wonderful mother. 

Here is one of my favorite pictures of us:


Seriously, how cute is she?

And then I could get started on how great they are as grandparents...but I wont, just know I am very thankful for them!!!!

No comments: