Thursday, June 17, 2010

Some more men in my life...

So I thought Father's Day was like 2 weekends ago, and I realized it wasnt, so I stopped blogging about men in my life, then...it snuck up on me...so I gotta get them all in!

The next man in my life...is....my brother, Luke!


Luke and my other brother created a "club" and they had a club house underground that had a real tiger in it. And I could only be in it if I made them food. Once they got their food, then I couldnt be in it :(  (it obviously wasnt real)


Luke was always a leader and protector.


When I was born and came home from the hospital Luke and Leighton asked if my mom could bring me back.


Our first "secular" music we listened to was country. And we Loved the song, "Love, Me" by Colin Raye. I still get a little teary-eyed if I hear this song!
And anytime we hear, "I start walking your way, you start walking mine...we meet in the middle, beneath that old Georgia pine..." we call each other and sing it....


When I lived in Eunice, Luke would randomly send me postcards. They meant the world to me. I still have them. It seemed like he sent them exactly when I needed them.



Luke was my youth minister in high school and he really discipled me and believed in me.
He pushed me beyond what I thought were my limits.

One of my most favorite memories: One time when I sick, Luke stayed up almost all night with me. We watched some dumb movie on Lifetime about a fraternity and they had this special handshake and sometimes we still do that handshake.



I could say alot more of good memories. Luke has had a big role in shaping who I am especially in my walk with God. He is someone I will still call for wisdom and encouragement.

No comments: