Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Opinions from Facebook

I think this pregnancy is making me super opinionated these days. I have written a few facebook statuses, that I normally probably wouldnt open that can of worms, but these days, I am like who cares.

Examples:

FB Status: "What would the world be like if people got as excited about Jesus as the do Brittney Spears"
This came from watching GMA one morning, I watch it most mornings. And to see all these people at one of her concerts and people crying for her and standing in line for days to see her. Really? I have never been a big fan of Brittney. I certainly dont care if people like her, but to go to those lengths? What if we went to those lengths for the cause of Christ? When is the last time these people cried over their sins? Or their lost loved ones? Or the fact that Jesus died on the cross for us so we could have LIFE??????? And when is the last time (myself included), did I seek him so passionately for hours? days? even minutes? When is the last time I made real time for him, not just giving him my left-overs? Whew, Im turning red. Ha!

FB Status: "I could care less about the royal wedding"
I do think this is interesting to some degree. Like, if there was nothing else on tv and there was a documentary about royal weddings, I might watch it. HOWEVER, every day for like 3 months that is all people are talking about on tv/news. What about the real things happening in the world? What about real life????? I really really dont care to speculate who is making her dress or if she will spend a last wild night as a bachelorette...because I live in reality where I have my child(ren) and husband to care for and think about.To me, the prince and kate are just normal people getting married and spending wayyyyyy tooooo much money doing it. Money that could go to a much better cause.

Lastly, not a FB status, but an article that has been going around FB. Here is the link
Basically, the writer is talking about how he saw an inappropriately dressed 10 year old, then goes into discussion of popular clothing brands creating clothes that are too mature for the age they target. He goes on to say dont blame the clothing brand however, blame parents, because someone is buying it or it wouldnt be produced. I totally agree with his whole article. I do take a step further. It isnt just when they are kids, its for the rest of their lives. We should be training our children to see the point of wearing modest clothes. Which ties to purity, which ties to marriage. We should be training our children about how precious marriage is and one day they will be able to have a great marriage and lots of great sex, and they can run around the house naked all day if they want to! Honest truth- most of my friends know this--at home, I am not modest at all. I have no idea why. I will change in front of any of my friends, I just somehow dont care. However, in public, I feel modesty is extremely important. Of course, like any other teen, I fought with my parents over this issue constantly, but I am so glad my mom put her foot down. I feel like it starts now with Audrie, at 20 months old, teaching her about it.

Man, these pregnancy hormones have me crazy! :)

1 comment:

Dean Family said...

Agree with you 100% on all of this, Lydia! Some days I wish I could just have no TV, no media and no internet so that I can focus on what's most important - my family!