Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ruston, Potty Training and the Brocato!

I could kick myself for not taking any pictures this weekend! GT, Audrie and I went to Ruston for the weekend to spend time with my BFF Allison, her husband Daniel, her mom and brother/sister-n-law.

The weekend included: swimming in the indoor pool, eating at Monjunis, Dawg House, El Jarrito. ANd Maggie Moo's--yes, Ruston has a Maggie Moos! Who knew??? Then shopping at the bookstore, Childrens Shoppe, Beehive, Fabric Store, and of course a little coffee from Frothy Monkey.

We had wanted to go walk around on campus, but due to a high fever and ear infection we couldnt. Audrie has had like 5 ear infections this year! :(  Or since winter. So, this time we are going back in 2 weeks to possible discuss tubes. I vote yes for the tubes. My dad had ear problems all his life and GT had to get tubes, I say go ahead and do it now because I am sure we will have to eventually. She has been such a trooper.

On to more business...Potty Training. Audrie is now telling me when she needs to potty, however, she is either in the process of it or we are in the car, or in a store. She has only peed 1 time in the toilet and it was with her NaeNae (GT's mom). Now, when I put her on the toilet she strains and toots alot, so I feel like this is a good step in the right direction. My plans are to start really training when Ki is born and I am home for 6 weeks. We will see if this is possible.

Pregnancy...I will be 33 weeks tomorrow. His room is semi-ready. When GT gets paid next I will be buying mini-blinds, curtain rod, hanging canvases and working on some more art projects for his room. Then it will be completed and I will post pictures. I got the diaper bag I wanted! And I got it like 60% off! :)

And lastly...What Mama Wants....

Brocato Vibrastrait Oscillating Flat Iron Straightener


Lets go through the history of Lydia and hair straighteners.

 I got my first one in high school. It was big and gold from Sally's and it pulled my hair like whoa. 

Then I heard about the Chi. At this time you could only get it if you were a beautician. So, one of my classmates had a grandma who could get them. Oh, how my life changed. That one broke in college. 

Then I got a pink one. It broke too. I think I went through a few more...but the one I have now has made it through alot. I know many hair dressers would try to get me to try another kind, but I was faithful to my Chi. 

Until...

My good buddy pal Allison had the Brocato. And I used it. AND IT WAS AMAZING! My hair has never been so straight and shiny...and it stayed that way for 3 days! 3 days people! I didnt have to re-straighten! 

Bad news..Its expensive. The hubs said I can only get it if my Chi breaks. Now I am praying for my Chi to break! Ha! Seriously, if you have thick, unruly hair and you think the Chi is amazing, try this. Oh my! 

No comments: