Saturday, May 14, 2011

38 weeks!


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along:38 Weeks

Size of baby: Im feeling like I am gonna have another 8 pounder.

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  Around 50 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Yes. Some of my maternity clothes do not fit anymore :(

Gender: Boy. Hezekiah "Ki" Eugene. 

Movement: Still alot.

Sleep: Some nights good, some nights bad. Mostly bad at this point.

What I miss: sleeping through the night

Cravings: Ice, ice, ice! 

Symptoms: Most of them still. 

Best Moment this week:  My MIL kept Audrie for the weekend. GT and I went on a date and went to the movies, then for chocolate cake at Cheddars! :) Saturday we slept in, got donuts, worked on our flower bed (made it a rock bed) then went to eat with family for mother's day. It was a great, relaxing weekend. 

Things to Note: We had a doc appt on Thursday (exactly 38 weeks). I was 5cm and 80% effaced. The doc said Ki was still pretty high and at a -2 and was posterior. For some reason, I was thinking posterior was just another name for how high he was. Then I realized it means his head his facing the wrong way. He is supposed to be looking at my spine but instead he is looking at my belly button. From what I have read, this is super common and the baby almost always turns their head during labor. I have a feeling this might be why I am not going into labor. Because, seriously, I am 5 freakin cm. What is he waiting on????

My doctor has told me that if I make it until my next appt (Thursday May 19), he will intervene and induce me by breaking my water. At first, I thought this was something I would want him to do, but I have changed my mind. I know without starting labor on my own I am more likely to need pitocin. Getting pitocin leads to an epidural...and so on. The only way I might take him up on this is if I am dilated at a 7 or higher. I actually dont think he will let me dilate past a 7 without inducing me. I read last night that getting on all 4's and doing alot of pelvic rocking will help move the baby down and get him to turn his head, so I will be scrubbing the floors and baseboards today! :)

1 comment:

The Dimino's said...

Willa Kate was posterior!! I had to push a lot longer and harder than I did with Brady!! She never turned the right way!
I know you are getting very excited about Ki's arrival!! I wish you the best of luck with labor and delivery!! You will do GREAT!!