Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cooking via Pioneer Woman

So, I used to post recipes on here all the time...Remember those days????

Well, the problem is...I mostly cook Pioneer Woman's recipes these days...and I basically cant repost her recipes. I would be a poser. So...I have decided to link her recipes that I have tried and give a review!!!!


My reviews will include how much time it took me to make it...how easy/hard it was...what I changed or will change next time, reaction from people eating it...and overall opinions of the dish.

I will begin with last night's dinner which we had Josh, Randi, Frazier, Damian, Lynzie and Adalynn over for!


Appetizer:  Homemade Baked Chips by Randi and this homemade salsa...and Randi brought this super yummy white queso 

I have made this salsa twice now and it is SUPER easy and SUPER good. The first time I made it, it was a little better, I am not sure why.

Time: It took me about 15 minutes total...I had to chop the onion, chop the jalapeno, Get out and measure the spices, etc...Then throw it all in the food processor...12 pulses later...yummmmyyyy Salsa!

Changes: I didnt make any!

Reactions: My first batch I shared with alot of friends and the second batch I had at Audrie's birthday party..it was always a hit!

Overall:  We have loved this salsa. I have used it on nachos, enchilada's, tacos, etc...And quite scrumptious with just a chip! I will make this many more times and always have some in the fridge!


Main Dish:  White Chicken Enchiladas






Photo by Pioneer Woman

Time: This took me about 45 minutes to prepare. It wasnt hard just took time.

Changes: I did not boil a whole fryer. I used 3 large boneless chicken breast. I boiled them and shredded them. And I used Swanson's chicken broth instead of the broth from cooking the chicken. I did not fry my tortilla's, just nuked them in the microwave...it worked out good! The recipe uses 12 corn tortillas, I used 17 and two different casserole dishes to fit them all.


Reactions: Everyone seemed to really like it. Lynzie said next time maybe not so many onions-I was thinking the same thing. Maybe 1/2 large onion instead of a whole one.


Overall: Loved this meal! Tasted just like chicken sour cream enchilada's from a Mexican restaurant. It is worth the time! I will add this to our recipes list!


Side Dish: Fiesta Sides Taco Rice (GT's favorite)- Not homemade!


Dessert: Blueberry Crumble Cake and Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream


Time: This took me about 15 minutes to throw together. It is super easy.


Changes: I didnt make any changes. However, I did use too much butter for the crumble topping so mine wasnt so crumbly, but still turned out yummy.


Reactions: Everyone liked this as well.


Overall: This was a simple, light, delicious desert. I think next time I might try it with different fruits...not that the blueberry wasnt good, it was, but it would be fun to experiment with others! 


Some reviews to come: Calzones, Lasagna, Sheet Cake...

No comments: