Thursday, August 5, 2010

This Season

A few weeks ago, I finished attending a Bible Study by Lesa TerKheurst. I wish I would have blogged more about because I learned so much...and...maybe I will...I find it hard to blog these days...The 1 year old keeps me busy!

Anyway, something I wanted to share that someone shared with me during one of our Bible Study discussions...the girl sharing had heard Lesa say it at the Feminar where she spoke.

When we are going through rough times...there are three reasons it could be:

1. God has something better for me in store.
2. God is protecting me from something.
3. God is trying to teach me something.

I have thought about this alot since she shared this. This year has been and continues to be hard financially for GT and me. We feel like we have come to a point where we need to decide to sell our house or not.

I love our house and I dont want to leave it.

But...its like...do we put if for sale and if its in God's plan then it will sale...or do we not put it for sale at all and just have faith that He will provide the means. I know He CAN provide-but is that His plan?

It helps me to think of those 3 things. God has a reason for us to go through this season of life. And it is just that a season.

And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

Matthew 6:30-33

No comments: