Sunday, May 2, 2010

Being a 9 Month Old

One day Audrie will ask me, "What was I like as a baby?". And I want to be able to tell her details. I wish I would have done this for all of her months, but its never too late.

This is an exhaustive list of what Audrie is like as a 9 month old:

  • You can crawl really fast. Sometimes I get occupied for 30 seconds and before I know it, you are in mommy and daddy's bathroom!
  • You love to cruise around on the furniture.
  • You can stand on your own for a few seconds but then when you realize what you are doing, you get scared and sit down.
  • You clap all the time. Sometimes it is called for and other times it just because you are so happy!
  • You have learned to wave, however, you do not do it to say hi or bye.
  • You still wont say mama, but you love to say dada.
  • You still only have 2 teeth. You have had them for about 2 months now.
  • You eat like a 1 year old. You eat mostly finger foods. And you eat alot, all the time. If someone else is eating you cry because you want food, even if you are full!
  • Your starting to outgrow some of your 12 month clothes, because you are so tall.
  • You love to chase the dogs and pinch their skins. They do not like this and usually run from you.
  • You love to watch baby einstein. 
  • You have a strange fascination with shoes and plastic bags.
  • You enjoy chewing on the dogs toys, and sometimes you do before mommy sees it.
  • You can find anything on the ground, even after I have vacuumed. And then you put it in your mouth. And sometimes you throw up, especially if it is grass.
  • You like to drink out of a sippy cup, but you refuse to drink formula out of it.
  • You wear size 3 diapers. You are starting to wear size 3 shoes, even though they are still a little too big. You wear mostly 12 months clothes. You have started wearing bows without a headband.
  • You drink 4 bottle a day with 5 ounces each. Sometimes you dont always finish them because you want to get down a play. You eat 3 meals a day.
  • For breakfast you usually eat oatmeal, rice or yogurt. 
  • For lunch you eat a veggie with some snacks.
  • For dinner you have a meat, veggie and fruit or yogurt again. You REALLY like yogurt.
  • You are constantly moving unless you are asleep.
  • Mommy or Daddy still rocks you to sleep. Occasionally, we let you cry yourself to sleep in your crib, but its hard for mommy to hear it. 
  • Every night your daddy puts on your pj's, gives you a bottle and rocks you to sleep. Right now, it makes you mad because your pretty attached to mommy, but we hope its a phase.
  • As I mentioned before, you are VERY attached to mommy. (and she is pretty attached to you too!)
  • On Thursday mornings you go to Mommy's Day Out at our church so mommy can go to Bible Study and run errands after with Auntie Lynzie.
  • You are super silly. And you love to smile.
  • You laugh really loud when mommy or daddy nibbles on your hand or foot.
  • You love for mommy to sing to you. Your favorite songs are "Jesus Loves Me" and "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes"
  • You take a pacifier to go to sleep, although in the past few weeks you would like it at other times, but mommy is trying to keep you from getting into that habit.
  • You don't really care for any specific toys these days. Occassionally, you will play on your learn and groove table, but you would rather just walk around the furniture and get into stuff you arent supposed to have.
  • You have recently started dancing. Sometimes you shake your head and sometime you shake your booty. It is super cute. And I hope you have better rhythm than your parents.
  • You make alot of strange noises. 
  • You say ba-ba, but it doesnt have any meaning- atleast that I know of.
  • You enjoy taking bath and splashing the water. Your favorite bath toy is your bath book.
  • You go to sleep about 8:30 and wake up anywhere from 6:30 to 8am. Mommy loves it when you sleep until 8, but it does not happen often.
  • You usually take 2 naps a day, but somedays you only take 1. 
  • You really like to look in mirrors. You smile really big at yourself.
  • You give mommy and daddy kisses by opening your mouth really big. 
  • You laugh when mommy laughs. Even if it mommy is doing a fake laugh.
  • You love it when daddy comes home from work. He makes you smile alot!
  • I buy most of your clothes from Target and Old Navy. Occasionally, Wal-Mart, JcPenny and Osh Kosh B'gosh. Very rarely, Dillards, Gymboree and expensive baby boutiques.
  • You have alot of bows. No, really. Alot. And you always have a bow in your hair.
  • Your mommy and daddy love you SOOOOOOOOO much. Daddy cant wait for you to walk and talk, while mommy misses you being a little baby! 
These 9 months have been amazing. All my life that what I wanted to be- a mom. I never really wanted to be anything else. When my friends came over, I justed wanted to a play house and I was the mom. I played with baby dolls a little too long for my age...and I had everything for a baby--stroller, play pen, car seat etc...And I might have really thought my baby dolls were real.

Anyway, now that I am a mom, it is even better than what I imagined my whole life. And some people think I am crazy, but I cant wait to do it again! I want to have a BIG family! With lots of kiddos and chaos! :)

No comments: