Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stand Up, Stand Up!

Audrie stood up from the ground about a week ago. I saw it, but it only happened once so I didnt count it as really official! Well, she has been pulling up, letting go and standing for seconds even a minute or two. Then...Audrie wanted to pull up, let go, then stand while holding a toy. Then...she started to pull up, let go and even take a step, but she would fall after one step.

Well, today...She stood up from the ground up! Of course, we werent at home. We were at my bestie Lynzie's. She got her daughter a new swing set and they are in the process of putting it up, so we put the girls in the tower just to see what they would do....And Audrie stood up! Then she kept standing up!




Today, I bought some 18 month onesies, because her 12 month ones are getting to small. It made me really sad. They looked so big on the hanger. And she is only 9 months old.

 I meant to update her 9 month blog after her 9 month check-up, but I forgot. The nurse weighed her and said she was 18 lbs 5 oz. Then measured her length. I said, "I am not trying to be rude, but a week ago when we came for her ear infection, she was 19 lbs 5 oz. And if she has lost a pound, I need to know that is pretty important." So, the nurse told to sit her up on the scale and sure enough it said  19lb 5 oz. Made me feel better. So then I asked, "what was her length?" and the nurse said 28 1/2 inches. This could not be. She was 28 1/2 inches at her 6 month appt and I assure you my child has gotten a lot longer. Or she would still fit in 9 month onesies and she does not. Either you were wrong at her 6 month appt or wrong at this one, or both. **I, of course, didnt say any of this because I am a weenie and because I already made a deal about her weight** To me, as long as she is healthy, I dont really care her length or weight, but I would like it to be accurate. So...I measured her length myself last week and it was 31 inches. I measured it 4 times to make sure I was getting an accurate number. How could that nurse come up with 28 1/2? Well, of course, Audrie was rolling over and trying to eat the paper, so it wasnt easy for her...but anyway...

Long story short- Audrie at 9 months is 31 inches and 19 1/2 pounds. 57 percentile for weight and off the chart for length. 

1 comment:

SkinnyMeg said...

She is so tall and standing like a champ already! Amazing!