Monday, May 24, 2010

Chicken Quesadillas

Last night I made some Quesadillas. And I didnt want them to be plain...and last time I made them I burnt them..

And the results was yummmmmmyyyyy. GT said they were the best he has ever tasted...so I think I did good!


Lydia's Chicken Quesadillas

1. Make Sauce similar to Taco Bell's Quesadilla Sauce

Quesadilla Sauce
Ingredients:
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons minced jalapeno slices
2 teaspoons juice from jalapeno slices
3/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
dash salt

Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill so that flavors develop. Stir occasionally. 

2. Warning this sauce is kinda spicy, but so yummy.

3. Plug in and heat griddle. You can also use a non-stick skillet, iron skillet or quesadilla maker, but I love my griddle. and it was fun. 

4. Began assembling Quesadilla

Ingredients:
Quesadilla Sauce
Tortillas
Fajita Chicken (you can make this yourself or take the easy route like I did and buy it already prepared)
Sharp and Mild Cheddar (Grated) a bowl full
Optional Items: Bell pepper, onion, mushroom, jalapenos, whatever you prefer on yours

5. Place a spoonful of sauce on tortilla and smooth. Pile on chicken and cheese (and optional items if you would like). Place tortilla on griddle (after spraying non-stick spray). Place another spoonful of sauce on another tortilla. Place tortilla on top of the one already prepared. 

6. Let it cook for ab 5 minutes then flip. Let it warm another 5 min. Check the inside. If it is all melted and bubbly then removed from griddle.

I like to serve mine with sour cream. Yum. 






1 comment:

The Murphy's said...

This sounds yummy!!! I'm gonna hafta try it!