Sunday, April 11, 2010

Baby Wearing

Prior to having Audrie, GT and I took a class at our church that taught the parenting style of Baby Wise. We learned alot and had thought we knew what kind of parenting we wanted to do. Also, during my pregnancy I purchased "The Baby Book" by Dr. Sears. The first few chapters went against everything we had been taught in our class. So I did not read anymore.

Then Audrie came... And everything changed.

There are good ideas from both schools of thought, and we kind of do a combo of them. I really like how Baby Wise stresses the importance of keeping the marriage relationship priority and how you should try to invite the child into your family instead of making your world revolve around your child (kinda hard when you are a SHAM or when your child is as spoiled as mine!)...And for the Dr. Sears part, I loved Audrie sleeping next to me for the first few months, however, at 3 months, it was time for her to be in her own room and we were lucky the transition went pretty well..And I love rocking her to sleep--most of the time....and the thing I really love is Baby Wearing!

I got my Moby wrap when Audrie was around 7 weeks old I think. I wish I had it before that! It is so Amazing! Audrie would sleep in it for hours and I had my hands free to do whatever I needed to get done. I would recommend this for everyone...around 5 months it didnt work for us anymore. She didnt want to be facing me and her weight just didnt work for the way I wore her anymore.

Now she is getting so heavy and quite attached to me...and I miss wearing her. So I am in the market for a new wearer. Here is what I am looking for...

  • One where I can wear her on my hip comfortable for both of us. And possibly on my back in the future. 
  • Something affordable..aka, under $100
  • One that will grow with her...like until she is 2 or 3
  • Something if possible I can wear an infant in too for when we have our next (I will use the moby too) 
  • Light fabric for summer time
I have been on the babywearer website for awhile now researching and I just cant decide. Wrap or sling? Which kind of wrap or sling? Which fabric? If anyone reading this is into baby wearing, please HELP! I would love ideas, advice and/or suggestions! 

No comments: