Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Family Calendar

Awhile back a blogged about making a menu for each night of the week. You can read about it here.

I thought I would give a little update about how it is going...I LOVE IT! Why didnt I do this before?  At the end of each month, I get out my list of recipes and fill in the days. When GT gets paid, I grocery shop for the next 2 weeks. Then, I dont have to think about it again. I look at in the mornings to see what meat I need to thaw, then when it comes dinner time, I have everything I need!  Sometimes, I have moved around the nights or made leftover night Wednesday...or so on...so it is still flexible.


In addition to the food menu, I am added chores to each day of the week too...I used to work and in those days things got clean when I had time, which I had a lot more time because I didnt have a child. I had decided that Wednesday would be "cleaning" day. I found out quickly that for me I start a project and get burned out. For me, I would rather do a little cleaning every day. So here is my schedule:

Monday- Bedrooms
Tuesday- Bathrooms
Wednesday- Floors (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping)
Thursday- Laundry
Weekend- Outside

In our house, the living room and kitchen is like one big room. Everyday is kitchen and living room. When Audrie goes down for her morning nap, I do my devotional, eat breakfast, then clean the kitchen/living room. Then for her afternoon nap, I clean the other things for the day. Some days I have to throw a shower in there too. And somedays we go somewhere, so I have to do all things during the morning nap--or put Baby Einstein on! I am starting this next week, will update.


And lastly, I am adding one more thing to the family calendar. I have been reading this book and it overwhelms me. There is alot of stuff to pray for in there. Each day I put something on the calendar to pray about for GT. And it just works out that she has 30 things! One for each day of the month...the next book I am reading is Power of a Praying Parent, so I am sure that I will be adding!

No comments: