Monday, March 1, 2010

Monthly Menus

I just cleaned out the pantry. Gross. We waste sooooo much food. I tend to buy alot of stuff and forget about it.

I decided our family needs a better system. I made a calendar and sent a list of all the recipes I know or make to GT ...and I am letting him pick dinner for the week...hopefully when we have 4 children and they are older, I will let them pick one night a week. It should be fun. Maybe I am dreaming :)   Thursdays are leftover nights, and Tuesday's dinner has to be crock-pot since GT has softball games that night...I will print it out and put in on the fridge! It will help with the budget too (I hope!)

As yall know from previous blogs, I enjoy cooking. Since I have been on my diet, I have had a hard time planning meals and finding something good yet still healthy. I went through some things I already make and tweaked them to become healthy. Then I looked up alot on the internet for some healthy dishes!

Hopefully as I do this, I will post some recipes online! I know it has been awhile...this diet has thrown me off, but now I am back.

I wish I could insert an attachment on this blog, but I dont think I can. If you would like a copy of our calendar to make your own, just let me know! And leave me your email in a comment!  I have a MAC, so it should work for both a MAC and PC.

1 comment:

Dean Family said...

Lydia, I want one - send to BayouMom25@yahoo.com. You are so organized :)