Friday, March 26, 2010

VIctoriously Frazzled

Our church offers Bible Study classes in the mornings. I had wanted to go to one a few months ago but when I asked about it, they had already started. Then a few weeks ago, GT pointed out to me an annoucement in the church bulletin saying one was starting at the end of March. I got really excited.

I emailed the lady in charge of it as soon as I got home to find out the details...mainly if they had childcare. And they do! The name of the study is "Victoriously Frazzled". I googled it. And then I was kinda upset. I was hoping for one of those great Beth Moore studies on Daniel...or her new stuff on Insecurity...I was thinking, I am stay at home mom, I am not stressed out. I debated for the past 3 weeks if I should go or not. I really want to get out of the house, and I really want God to teach me and continue working on me. I ended up going. I thought, I will just go the first time and if I dont like it, I wont go back.

We started by going around and saying what stressed us out. I got nervous. I didnt know what to say. Then as the other women were taking turns telling their stressors, God brought to my heart my biggest stressor...Finances. When I was thinking of stressors, I was thinking about my old job-CPS, college, finals, tests, meeting deadlines, writing papers...those kinds of stress... But finances hang over my head like a heavy dark cloud many days. So when it came my turn...my top 3 stressors:

  • Audrie-yes, a 7 month old can be stressful, as well as staying at home
  • Finances
  • My pups...oh, somedays I want to give them away..but I wont, they are part of the fam
Then I had to tell how I de-stress:
  • Taking a bath
  • Reading
  • Talking to GT
Did you read that list? Did it include reading the Bible? Memorizing scripture? Praying? Being STILL before God? Going to church? Nope. But yet, I say that I want God to be in control.  I am not allowing him to be. I say it in my head, but it is not true in my heart. 

 I hope to blog weekly as I go through this Bible Study and learn to really allow God to handle my stress. 

"Be still, and know that I am God." Psalms 46:10

No comments: