Sunday, March 7, 2010

Marriage and More

Wow. I dont even know how to begin to write about this weekend. I guess I can start out by telling what went on this weekend....

GT and I attended a marriage retreat through our church, Mobberly Baptist, with speakers Steve and Debbie Wilson. My parents have always taught me growing up to take every advantage of conferences, retreats, seminars, etc... on marriage, parenting, life...anything, because there is ALWAYS something that can be changed and worked on. Also, during college I took a marriage class where I also learned the same, that nothing can ever perfect...

So that is what we do. Anytime something like this is available we try to go if possible. And I am soooo glad we did. Since Audrie was born, our marriage has gotten more difficult. I wouldnt say it was bad or in trouble, it is just harder. This weekend was so refreshing to get our attention that we need come back together as a couple, re-evaluate some things and remember that our marriage is the most important, second to our relationship with Christ.

God really spoke to me this weekend more about mine and His relationship then my one with GT (and he really talked to me about that one too!) He convicted me of things I have been doing that isnt who He created me to be. He showed me for anything to change or get better with GT and I's relationship, that mine and His needs to get better. And He's been there the whole time waiting, so its me that has to do something!

I am excited, scared, nervous, etc... about what He wants to do in my life. In our marriage. In my parenting. BUT I KNOW it will be the best...it is going to be a little painful for awhile, and I am going to have to deal with alot of things that I dont want to deal with, but the end result is going to be better than I can even imagine!

"He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
--Philippians 1:6

Can I get an AMEN???????