Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Diet Week 6 and Some Recipes

Weekly weigh in...202. Total=26 pounds! I am so close to being under 200!
Things have been pretty good...there were about 4 days I wasnt losing, but being really strict on my diet, so it was little discouraging, then the times I splurged a little, I lost weight!

Some healthy recipes:


Onion Soup Mix Chicken


Ingredients:
1 lb Frozen Chicken (ab 4 chicken breast)
1 Pkg of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 Carton (16oz) Fat Free Sour Cream
1 Can of 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup

Directions:
Put chicken in crockpot.
Mix together sour cream, soup mix and cream of mushroom.
Pour over chicken.
Cook on low for 7 hours.

I served this with Roasted Garlic ready to eat Uncle Ben's rice. I would have done a veggie, but GT didnt eat until 9...so it was rushed! It was soooo good though! It was 200 calories for 1 chicken breast with sauce!

And for something not so healthy but delicious!

Strawberry Cake


Ingredients for Cake:
1 Box of White Cake Mix
3 Heaping Tablespoons of Flour
1 Box of Strawberry Jello
1 Cup of Oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup water
2/3 Carton of Frozen Strawberries

Ingredients for Icing:
1 Tablespoon of Butter
1 8oz of Cream Cheese
1/3 Carton of Frozen Strawberries
1 Box of Powder Sugar

Directions:
Mix cake mix, flour and jello. Add oil. Beat in eggs. Add water and strawberries. Mix well.
Bake in a cake pan about 40 minutes on 350.
Let cake completely cool.
Mix all ingredients of icing then pour over cooled cake.

*Cake needs to be refrigerated (if there are left-overs of course) because of the cream cheese in icing.
**If you dont have time to let strawberries thaw in fridge or on counter (which I never do), just pop it in the microwave and defrost. Its ok if the are still a little frozen.

I am not even calculating the calories on this! I did good...I only had 2 bites of cake when I made it, and they were small.

No comments: