Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Life of a 7 Month Old

I am not sure what happened in the past 2 weeks, I feel like I have a different child. She is still sweet, happy and silly, however, she is not containable anymore!

Pulling Up. It all started from what happened in my last post...she started pulling up in her crib. Then, we noticed she was trying to pull up on other things...things she couldnt really pull up on, like our legs, her jumperoo, etc... So, I went to Target and got her the Leap Frog Learn and Groove table. This didnt work out too well either. She would get to distracted from everything going on with the lights and sound, so she would let go and fall. Sometimes hurting herself... Ugh.

Bath. Then, we were giving her a bath in her inflatable duck like we have been since about 4 months or so. And she would not sit still in it. GT had to hold her down so I could wash her. It made me nervous because she turned herself around and was standing while holding on to the duck's tail. I was scared she would fall forward and hit her head on the spout. The solution= we arent using the duck anymore. I got a bath mat and a spout cover. Audrie had her first "big" girl bath last night. It went better then it did in the duck. She liked having all the room and having all her toys in the bathtub. We even put in the bubble bath for the first time! She crawled a little in it, but her head was way above the water and GT and I were both there if she were to fall or stick her head under water. She did try to climb out towards the end, so we just took her out and decided bath time was over. I dont think she climbs out because she doesnt like it, she loves her bath, I think it is just because she knows how to now. I researched it a little and they sell bath seats, but I dont think she would like that. I think as long as GT and I are right there it is ok. And hopefully, this is just a phase.

Clapping. As some of yall saw on FB, Audrie claps! We didnt even know! We were playing on the floor with her, and periodically we clap and say YAY! when she does something cute or just when we feel like it.  One time I did it, and she looked at me and did it back! SO we kept doing it and kept doing it! I know she is just mimicking us but I cant help thinking it is so cute. And scary...Because she can mimic us. I mean I knew the day would come, but it makes me think of things I do or say...I better watch it!

Crawling. For the past few months Audrie has been working on crawling. She started getting on all 4's like at 4 months...Recently, she figured out how to make her hands go, she is still working on the legs, she can do it, it just takes her alot of concentration and she gets distracted alot! :)   I thought I would be really excited about her crawling, and I am. However, I cant just leave her with her toys in the living room like I usually do. And she falls quite a bit. And she refuses to roll to her stomach if she falls back. She can do it, because she does sometimes, but she would rather me do it for her. Now, we need to child proof. Ugh-again.

Car Seat. Audrie is getting to long for her infant car seat. So I am researching convertible car seats. I thought I had one picked out that I decided on. Then when I went to look at them at Target, I could not decide. I wish we could have like trial car seats. Try it out for a week then keep it or exchange it until we found one we liked. If any of you have suggestions, please pass them on. However, I am not getting a Britax. WAY to expensive. Right now, I am torn between Titan Elite and Graco My Ride.

Yesterday, we had to go up in PJ size. Her footed 9 months pajamas have been too small for her for about 2 weeks, but I have kinda been trying to ignore it. I know, bad mommy. This time I didnt get footed ones, 1. because its about to be really warm...2. i cant keep buying a whole new size of PJ's every 2 months. this way they wont really get too small length wise and weight wise she is on target with her month.  Anyway, and I got some baby sun hats, baby sun glasses and a swim suit for her! I cant wait for summer! I cant wait to bring her swimming!

It sure is fun when she learns something new, but I miss her being a wittle baby...  :(   Guess I will just have to have another one! :)

1 comment:

The Bellon's said...

We have the Graco MyRide and love it! It's super easy to install, Brayden's really comfortable in it, he loves the cup holders, and it rear faces to 40 lbs, which was really important to us. It's a wonderful seat!