Tuesday, April 27, 2010

In Our Pain...

As I was reading through my dashboard of blogs I follow...I stumbled upon a new post by my friend Sara. Sara had a baby who had some kidney complications. He only lived for a few hours. Today would have been his second birthday. You can read her post here.

It made me quite emotional. I began crying as I rocked Audrie just thanking God for all He has given us and thinking how I am so unworthy to be blessed with this beautiful angel. I know it is an age-old question with no answer, of "why", "why do these things happen and especially why do they happen to good people?"

Like, I said there is no answer. At least not one we will know on this earth. I began to think of tragic events in my life (which are few). One is when GT lost his job, which in no way is comparable to losing a child. It has been over a year now...and wow, what a year. A year with lots of worries and tears. A year with lots of laughter and excitement.  A year with many unknowns and a year that have grown closer to God than ever before.

These are things I know for sure: God is in control. He has a plan. He is there for us through our pain. He is the only one who can give peace that passes all understanding. He love us so much more than we can image. And His son died for us. On a cross. So that we might have LIFE. Eternal life. 

I do not know how one can bear such pain without a loving Savior. I am so grateful that is something I will never know. 

"Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are
suffering, as though something strange were happening to you.
But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ,
so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revealed."
- 1st Peter 4:12-13

"But pain insists upon being attended to.
God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in
our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His
megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
- C. S. Lewis

1 comment:

Kristen T said...

We have also had quite a year of our small "tragedies". Seth was laid off last June and I have had some health scares. I too can't imagine not having Jesus to lean on and a church family that will love you and encourage you through those trials. One verse I cling to has been Romans 8:28 - "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." God has been teaching us a lot through these trials. He is faithful and we constantly have to remind ourselves that He has a perfect plan! It has been a year of ups and downs but we are so glad that He is in control!!