Monday, April 19, 2010

Its a girl! Part 2.

On April 16 of last year (almost a year ago) we found out that we were having a girl. Before Audrie was born, this blog existed, however, I didnt write much or often. I was working for one thing, and I didnt realize how much I loved to write. Also, I didnt know how much the memories would mean to me later.

So...I wanted to recall as much I can of the day we had the gender sonogram.

My parents met us at the office. I remember waiting for what felt like forever. I wanted it to be a girl. From the moment I saw the pregnancy test, I felt like it was going to be a girl. But then my friend Lynzie found out she was having a girl like 2 weeks before we found out, and our bellies looked SOOOO different. So I started doubting my strong feeling that it was a girl. Anyway, they walked us back to the sonogram room.

There was a girl in training that was doing the ultrasound. She started measuring the bones and organs. I remember looking at the screen and we could see was her spine. So, I told GT we were having a dinosaur. The tech looked at me like I was a wierdo.

Then, I said, this better be a girl....the tech showed us some of her organs on the screen then said, "And here are the girls parts"...I said, " I knew it, I knew it! I am so glad it's a girl!"

I cant remember to much of the rest except that Audrie would not move correctly for the u/s tech to get accurate enough readings, so we would have to go back for another sono in 8 weeks.

Then we went and ate a New Hupei (chinese) and I text everyone and their mother...plus I told everyone on FB about 300 times. I was a little excited to say the least.

We did go back when I was 28 weeks preggo for another u/s. I remember asking the tech how much Audrie weighed. She told me they didnt order for her to determine weight-whatever that meant. I wonder had she calculated the weight, would we have known by her weight that I had developed diabetes? I guess not since it was around the same time I took the diabetes test.

No comments: