Thursday, April 22, 2010

When Your Baby is Sick

This week has been pretty blah to say the least. Audrie started getting a runny nose the day after Easter. We just kind of ignored it because what can you do?  Then a week after that we could hear some chest congestion. So we brought her to see the doc last Wednesday because it had not cleared up. He didnt see any infections and said it was probably allergies and suggested we use zyrtec.

So...fast forward to Friday, we are on our way to Dallas and Audrie had a 99. something fever. Then Saturday it was 100. something, Saturday night 101 then Sunday 102. So we brought her to the weekend clinic. The PA said she had mild bronchitis plus a left ear infection. Prescribed antibiotics.

Then, yesterday she still wasnt better, so I brought her back to see the doc. And her ear infection was not clearing up and she needed a stronger antibiotic. Poor sweet girl.

Audrie has been sick before. She had the croup and was in the hospital overnight. But this time, oh man. She was pitiful. and rightfully so, but man, Im exhausted. She wanted to be held all the time even while sleeping.

Today was a much better day and I think she is on the road to being back to normal....

Then...while all this has been happening, Saturday when we got home from Dallas our garage door broke. So now, our garage door is just open. I told the hubby I was scared someone would steal our food out of the deep freeze, he said "how about someone stealing the whole freezer."... haha, oh yeah, that too!

In thinking about this past week, I was just thinking about how amazing it is that God created a woman to be a mom. He created woman with patience, gentleness, nurturing, etc... And I know some women have this more than others. But I can be at my wits end, and when I look at her, it all melts. She is worth every frustration, spit up, sleepless night, dirty toy-filled house, oh, I could go on.

Motherhood is amazing. Something that cannot be described to someone who has never experienced it. I would do it all again in second (and hope too soon!).

1 comment:

SkinnyMeg said...

Awww poor little tyke! Hope she's back to feeling good soon.