Monday, February 21, 2011

Big Girl Room Part 1

We are in the process of turning Audrie's nursery into a big girl room. Our original plan was to give her pieces of our current furniture (which was mine growing up) and buy new furniture for us. We decided to hold off on buying us new furniture until we see how much Ki's birth will cost. We would rather pay that in full instead of having to pay monthly payments, and there is nothing wrong with our current furniture. I would just like a new set.

So...we got my old twin bed from my parents and it needs stained. Then I thought I would paint it white. Then yesterday we went to Big Lots to buy Audrie a new twin mattress and ended up buying her new furniture!

This is what we got:

This is one piece but I couldnt find the picture that showed it as one piece.

Originally, we were going to get this for her dresser:


Our store was out of it, but they thought the Marshall store would have it. So I called them and they said they would hold it for me. Last night we went to pick it up, but they didnt have one in stock only the display. GT went and looked at the display and said it was broken. He then asked for the bigger more expensive dresser at a discount and they knocked $50 off! WOOHOO! So we got this one instead:

I plan to paint the knobs the green color of her room to give it a little color. We tried to get it all together last night, but we couldnt get the crib out of her room, so gt will have to take it apart to move it unto the now play room and future room of Ki's. 

Here is the bedding I got for Audrie:


Only difference is I got hot pink sheets instead of the blue in the picture.

I will post before and after pics as we get her room set up! 

2 comments:

randi frazier anderson said...

Aww! This looks so cute! I can't wait to see it all finished!

Brittany Napper said...

Cute! I am currently shopping for a bedroom set for Emory. I might have to check that place out!