Friday, February 25, 2011

The Big Girl Bed Saga

Re-Cap of bed transition week 1:

Monday night was Audrie's first night in her twin bed. I thought I would just go in there read her a book, sing a few songs, pray with her, then leave. Well that didnt work. As soon as I got up, she came to the door screaming, opened the door (which she has never done before)...so GT went in and laid down with her until she fell asleep. He has so much more patience with that kind of thing then I do. And she slept all night. Until about 7:30, I heard her whimper and went in to get her.

Tuesday nap- she was exhausted so I thought I could just put her in the bed...I was wrong. I laid down with her about 5 minutes, she fell asleep, but only slept 1 hour :(

Tuesday bedtime- GT laid down with her. Took about 5-8 minutes and she was out, slept all night.

Wednesday bedtime- (naptime-I work, so she napped at the sitter's) same ordeal as the night before and she slept until 8am!

Thursday nap- I put her down kinda earlier than usual because I had some cleaning to do! She also was pretty tired. I laid down with her, and it didnt take long for her to fall asleep, but only she slept an hour again! I am not sure if this is coincidence and she is changing her sleep pattern or if its the bed.

Thursday night- went well, GT put her down. This morning when I went to get her at 7:45 she was awake, not crying, just sitting in her bed. I think this was a good sign!

Overall, I think it is going good. I do wish she would go to sleep without us laying down with her and I am sure in a few weeks that will happen. I didnt realize how much her crib provided her with security. Another challenge will come when we move her toys out of the playroom into her bedroom.

1 comment:

The Murphy's said...

We'll be making the switch in the next couple of months. Let me know if you have any tips!