Thursday, February 4, 2010

6 months and King Cake

Yesterday, Audrie turned 6 months! Saturday we went to Shreveport and did her 6 month pictures! We have a wonderful photographer, Jena Shockley! We have known each other a long time and her dad and my mom dated in highschool, how funny! Anyway, it was so cold, Jena had a family friend that offered her house to us! She lives on Cypress lake and has a beautiful home with some cool decorations. It worked out perfect! Here are some of the pictures:




To see all of the pictures go here, click on View Your Portraits...


I have recently picked back up scrap booking. I started when I was like 14 weeks pregnant. Lynzie and I scrap booked once since the girls were born. SO I thought it was time to get serious about it! I have 12 layout to finish the first book, which is going to be from pregnancy-6 months. I forgot how much I loved it!


We have Audrie 6 month appt tomorrow, which means more shots :(   But I am anxious to see how much she weighs and how long she is! 


I attempted a homemade King Cake the other day. My dough wouldnt rise and it was big pile of mess. Mrs. Cathy George (my sister-n-law's mother) came to my rescue. She got a recipe from a chef,   Kyrie Lantz, for King Cake using crescent rolls. I had to get permission to share it...so here goes:


King Cake
by Kyrie Lantz


2 cans crescent rolls (8oz)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pie filling (your choice)

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a pizza pan or baking dish. Blend/mix together the softened cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Divide the crescent rolls into individual pieces and lay them around the pan with the wide edge on the outside and the point toward the center, overlapping the edges slightly. Spread the cheese mixture on the crescents and spread pie filling over the cream cheese mixture. Fold the crescents over the filling and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes and glaze. Serve warm.

Glaze:
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp milk or juice
Colored sugars for sprinkling (or food coloring in glaze)
Blend the powdered sugar and liquid until smooth. Drizzle over the warm cake. Sprinkle colored sugars over the glaze.

Orange juice in glaze if using strawberries.
Apple juice in glaze if using apples.
Lemon juice in glaze if using blackberries, blueberries, or lemon.
Apple cider/juice in glaze if using pumpkin. Pumpkin pie spice w/ sugar can be used instead of glaze.



I have made it once, I didnt use a pie filling. It was very cream cheesy, which I like so it was delicious. But I am bringing it to a party and I am going to use strawberry pie filling so it wont taste as cream cheesy. It was sooooo easy and sooooo delicious!

No comments: