Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fat Tuesday

I am going on a diet. Ugh. I hate diets. But I hate being fat. I am going to blog about it every Tuesday in hopes that it might keep me a little more accountable.

Here is the plan:

Well, I went to the fat doctor yesterday. At his office, I weighed 230. :(  This morning I weighed 228. He told me I need to get out of the 200 club. And I totally agree. My goal weight is 185. If I get to 200, that would be good too, but I really like being 185.

He gave me some diet pills to help out. I am a little nervous about them, but excited at the same time. Being overweight runs in our family. It is in our genes. We need a little help when it comes to losing weight.

He also gave me a nutrition book about what to eat/what not to eat. The hardest rule on there: no cakes, no candies, no pies.  :(   I can do the no fried stuff. I can do the no cokes. But cake? Pie? Ugh.

My goal time is 6 months.

I am going to start walking 2 miles a day, again. I am starting today. I think this week, I am going to go a mile, then next week a mile and 1/2, then make my way to 2 miles.

I am hoping the diet pills can suppress my appetite so my stomach will shrink so when I get off of them I wont be as hungry.

How did I gain so much weight?  When GT and I started dating I was probably close to 200 pounds (remember, I am 6 ft tall)...then I lost 15 pounds in like a month. So I remained 186 until I moved to Longview (from June-March). A few things happened: I started working for CPS, the most stressful job on earth. We got married. We made a good amount of money and ate out 98% of the time. This is how I gained so much weight. Then I got preggo. I was 222 at 6 weeks pregnant. So here we are.

My hopes are to at least get under 200. Then when I get pregnant again, I will continue walking 2 miles a day. And this time, I feel like I will know better not to eat crap just because I can. And also, I might get gestational diabetes again, so I will not be eating sweet stuff, which in my last pregnancy I could eat a whole cake myself.

Like I said earlier. I will update weekly. I contemplated doing this and putting my weight. I am pretty sure I have said it on a previous blog when I was talking about pregnancy. It is what it is. BUT I am trying to lose it, so thats the good news!

1 comment:

Kristen T said...

You go girl! You can do it. One day at a time.