Monday, February 8, 2010

Who Dat?!

I was told to make it clear that this is not Lydia. What follows here are the thoughts and opinions of the one G.T. Nehls.


First off, to all those that have laughed in my face over the years when I said that one day the Saints will win the Super Bowl: I TOLD YOU SOOOO!!!!

Second of all, to all those band wagon Saints fans that have only become Saints fans of late: SHAME ON YOU! It is a little upsetting to us long time NO fans that have been with the team since as long as they can remember for you guys to all of a sudden be fans now that the only LA NFL team has won it all.

Now, I don' claim to have been a Saints fan from birth, because that would be stupid. Actually, I did not even really start caring about football and the saints till about the end of the Jim Mora/jm Everrett era. I'm talking about those years of the Billy Joe's (both of them), Danny Wuerfel, Cam Cleeland, Willie Roaf, Kyle Turley, Heath Shuler, Morten Anderson, Ray Zellars, Ricky Williams, Jeff Blake, the woeful Aaron Brooks, Dante Stallworth, Joe Horn, the short stint of "Da Coach" Mike Ditka, Jim Haslett, and so many others that the list would be too long. All these players would not have had the "have to" to play all those years if it were not for us faithful fans who have been there for as long as they can remember.

And now you want to be fans?! It's a disgrace. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate anyone who is reveling in their victory, just claim to have been there all along. Jump on the band wagon, then get right back off so the true fans can get on.

The bottom line is Drew Brees, Sean Payton, Reggie Bush, Tom Benson, and the whole host of the rest of the Saints organization did not win this championship for a bunch of half-hearted fans. They won it for the long-time fans of Billy Kilmer, Archie Manning, Chuck Muncie, and all those other old school Saints stars.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not really sure if Duece gets a ring since he was not officially on the roster, but if he doesn't, he deserves one. I cannot think of a player who did more for the Saints organization than Deuce McAllister. And if he does get a ring, then CONGRATULATIONS DEUCE! YOU DESERVE IT!

I hope I have not stepped on anyones toes here. I just get very frustrated with bad wagon fans, especially when it comes to my Saints.

So I am done. I am gong to enjoy this time of celebration. Way to go Saints! Who Dat?

-P.S.: To all those living in the city of NO, enjoy it. Ya'll have waited for this for a long time. Hopefully you can use this to come together and build the city even stronger!

No comments: