Monday, February 22, 2010

My OTHER Love Story Part 1

This love story began before I was even conceived...

For you created my inmost being;
       you knit me together in my mother's womb.
 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
       your works are wonderful,
       I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
       when I was made in the secret place.
       When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
       All the days ordained for me
       were written in your book
       before one of them came to be.
Psalm 169:13-16

It started before I was born. God had already picked out who I  was going to be, what my talents/gifts would be, what I would look like, He LOVED me before I existed in this world. He chose to put in a family that LOVED Him deeply. 

For those who dont know, my dad is Southern Baptist preacher. This makes for a very interesting upbringing. You know what they say, "preachers kids are the worst". Ha. We will get to that...

From the time I was brought into the world, I was at the church 90% of the time. We were there everytime the doors were open, and the doors were always open because my dad was the pastor and he had a key! I was born on a Tuesday, my dad preached the next night, and that Sunday, I was at church!

When I was 4, we were living in Augusta, Georgia. I began asking questions about salvation. I thought I wanted to experience it. I asked my parents about it, they thought I was a little too young, so they answered my questions, but told me we would wait a little longer until they thought I fully understood what I was doing. Well, I was stubborn, and I wanted to be SAVED! So, I asked my dad's secretary, Angie about it. She ended up leading me in a prayer and I asked Jesus into my heart...

Skip ahead to first day of 7th grade. We had a thing at our church where we met there first, had doughnuts and did like a little kick-off to the school year. Our youth pastor said something like this, "Remember you can not witness to your friends are school if you are not saved yourself". On the way to school, I began to doubt my salvation. I mean, I was 4 when I got "saved".

**Side Note: I dont really like the term "getting saved". I think its is overused and just thrown around. And for people who are not Southern Baptist it might not make to much sense. But, for the purposes of this post I am using it because at this time it is what I used and what I thought. ***

To be continued...

No comments: