Saturday, February 13, 2010

Deep Freeze

Thursday, I went to Lynzie's to make some baby food. We had a trip to Shreveport planned, but because of the weather we decided to hold off until next week. Well, it was snowing pretty much all day. We put the girls in the snow and took a few pictures:



The girls really liked the snow. Adalynn smiled the whole time and Audrie kept trying to feel it.

Then....our electricity went out at 1:00am. Audrie woke up about 3, and I put her in the bed with us to stay warm. She kept babbling and saying "dada", it was really cute, but I was really tired! Then Gt woke me up about 6:30 to this...


I had no idea it was going to snow all night! 

So, we bundled up and played in the snow!




Since our electricity was off, and it was freezing (and we ran out of firewood starters), we decided to go out for awhile. We went to Wal-Mart first. It was so strange to see all of the snow. It was like we were not in East Texas, it felt more like we were driving in Colorado. Then we ate at Moe's. Went to Home Depot, the Sears...and I got a deep freezer! Happy Valentine's day to me! We came home and the electricity was back on! YAY! We had a fun day spending quality time together as a family.

I am so excited about the Olympics. I do like the summer ones better, but I love to watch ice skating. GT is really excited about Shawn White??? some snowboarder or something...I thought he needed to cut his hair! But GT said NO, that is his staple! Whatever that means!

I was very said about the luger that died. I found the video of it online and couldnt stop watching it. I felt pretty morbid. My heart sank. For his family. For his team. When I watch something like that, I cant help  but wonder where his soul is now. He was only 21. 


No comments: